New hire question

nyjdmevo

Doing my booklet for mta with the job info and all does pending cell phone and seatbelt tickets affect me at the mta? I have 2 but they pending..?? And with the conviction part i got arrested when i was 14 do ii gotta tell mta about that in the booklet????

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doing my booklet for mta with the job info and all does pending cell phone and seatbelt tickets affect me at the mta? I have 2 but they pending..?? And with the conviction part i got arrested when i was 14 do ii gotta tell mta about that in the booklet????

i was was told the latest they go back to ur history life is 3 years maybe more but if it was me i would put it down just to cover my a$$ but i`m not sure what to tell u on this one i`m sure more people on here will answers this but if it was me i would

Yes, it's better to put it down because if you don't and they find out they can fire you. They aren't going to hold it against you. You were 14, a minor and it looks like you haven't been arrested since then. I wouldn't worry, we all did things when we were teenagers that we regret.

About the pending cell phone and seat belt tickets I don't think it's going to be a problem. They can't be as serious as say a speeding or running a red light ticket. I think they are moving violations, but I have never got one so I wouldn't know. Good luck on the medical on Thursday, get there early so you can get out at a reasonable time.

i was was told the latest they go back to ur history life is 3 years maybe more but if it was me i would put it down just to cover my a$$ but i`m not sure what to tell u on this one i`m sure more people on here will answers this but if it was me i would

I think it's 3 years back on your driving history(DMV abstract)

How far back do they go in your life? Can someone help the new member.

With me when i started in 01 they went all the way back to see if i was in the grade schools i put down.

Found that out one day when i had to pick up my parking decal @ the old human resources building @ 1250 Bway or was it 1240?

They tell you right on the application how far back they want your information, dont go over that time frame but dont omit anything with in that time frame.

as far as tickets, you have not been found guilty yet, so dont list them. ONLY if you have been found guilty ( by judge or you paid the ticket with out going to court )

if you have been found guilty at the later time, DONT FORGET TO tell them with in 3 days after your court date. ( If you dont, ............. )

yea because i did get a ticket around september for avoiding a traffic control device because i had to use the bathroom really bad

I know it's not easy but it's better not to eat or drink anything during your shift, you said you worked no more then 30 hrs week.

I read about a female B/O who works the M31 line and she doesn't eat or drink anything the entire day. I can see in very hot weather that could be a problem.

You don't want to get dehydrated, dizziness and headaches and

possibly develop kidney stones in the long term.

I know they get 10 minute personals, but I think

the MTA would get suspicious if you took too many personals.

They tell you right on the application how far back they want your information, dont go over that time frame but dont omit anything with in that time frame.

as far as tickets, you have not been found guilty yet, so dont list them. ONLY if you have been found guilty ( by judge or you paid the ticket with out going to court )

if you have been found guilty at the later time, DONT FORGET TO tell them with in 3 days after your court date. ( If you dont, ............. )

You better clear up ANYTHING PENDING!

You must tell them about arrest up to 10 years i believe. I was arrested twice and had to bring in paperwork from the court say they were sealed and dismissed. Both were mister meaner charges. Not 100% sure but moving violations as a CDL driver you get less points to work with on your licence.

You must tell them about arrest up to 10 years i believe. I was arrested twice and had to bring in paperwork from the court say they were sealed and dismissed. Both were mister meaner charges.

Doesn't a conviction carry more weight then an arrest?

just because you were arrested doesn't mean you were guilty

at least not yet.

"misdemeanor" is the proper spelling.

I have had jobs where an outside company runs a criminal background check on you

(Fed Ex) but you can run a check on your own if you are not sure about the dates,etc.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/background_checks

Not sure on the conviction vs the arrest status but i was not accepted in to NYPD cause i failed to disclose my prior arrest record which i was told would never show up in background check since it was sealed and dismissed. Ever since then i have put down everything about arrest tickets, whatever. If i had giving the NYPD the info i would be over 4 1/2 years on the job now. Thank you for the spelling, i'm so bad and spell checker did not catch it.

No problem bro, good advice about putting everything down and not trying to hide anything from them, not worth the risk

Maybe the NYPD can find out more about you then other agencies, I don't know. I always thought sealed records

can't be opened and looked at.

Sealed is after the court ruling. The arrest record can be viewed by anyone as its public info. And when it comes to city / govt agencies they will see anything they need to see, even if its so called expunged.

its best to tell them everything likeb mr flexdont said.when i went for my appointment i had to bring all my paperwork because i believe they finger print you.they only go back ten years but honesty is key.they also run your driving record on the spot.

its best to tell them everything likeb mr flexdont said.when i went for my appointment i had to bring all my paperwork because i believe they finger print you.they only go back ten years but honesty is key.they also run your driving record on the spot.

They go 10 years back on your employment, background, and

how far back do they go for your driving record? 3 years?

Ok everyone i'm done with the medical, now i start the training for the first 2 weeks then they will see if i will make it to the 4 th weeks. My question to anyone that can help is what is going to happen on the first 2 weeks of training?

Ok everyone i'm done with the medical, now i start the training for the first 2 weeks then they will see if i will make it to the 4 th weeks. My question to anyone that can help is what is going to happen on the first 2 weeks of training?

Im sorry if i didnt know what title are you training for?

Welcome to the forums. Now raise your right hand and swear to tell us the truth and nothing but the truth so help you God.

What list are you from? and give us your list number range, thanks.

Ok, this sticky will help you about the 10 days at Zerega.

Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10443

welcome to the forums. Now raise your right hand and swear to tell us the truth and nothing but the truth so help you god.

What list are you from? And give us your list number range, thanks.

Ok, this sticky will help you about the 10 days at zerega.

Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10443

5025 and my list number is 4826

Archived