New hire question

nyjdmevo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok everyone i'm done with the medical, now i start the training for the first 2 weeks then they will see if i will make it to the 4 th weeks. My question to anyone that can help is what is going to happen on the first 2 weeks of training?

Don't Forget driving a bus is not a car and take your time while you in training.

Good Luck sjdmt

David

HART B/O

Tampa,Florida

welcome to the forums. Now raise your right hand and swear to tell us the truth and nothing but the truth so help you god.

What list are you from? And give us your list number range, thanks.

Ok, this sticky will help you about the 10 days at zerega.

Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10443

when i get to the 7 th day and the road test start, what happen then and how long is the road test?

Found it, per Locomotion, 4886 on the 5025 list.. Maybe by summer 8006

starts rolling and they still need operators on Staten Island.

Make sure your EZ Pass is valid Fred because there is no

guarantee that you or I or anybody else from the 8006

list gets to go to a depot close to their home. We have to be

prepared for anything.:)

Make sure your EZ Pass is valid Fred because there is no

guarantee that you or I or anybody else from the 8006

list gets to go to a depot close to their home. We have to be

prepared for anything.:)

yea ur right on that one when 8006 starts moving going into staten island depot will look slim to none and i live in staten island

yea ur right on that one when 8006 starts moving going into staten island depot will look slim to none and i live in staten island

You might be right Igor. Hopefully there aren't too many that go to Staten Island from the first 500 on the 8006 list, then I'd be ok but you get one pick from what I understand. Most that don't live on Staten Island wouldn't pick it because of the travel and toll, especially now at $13.

You might be right Igor. Hopefully there aren't too many that go to Staten Island from the first 500 on the 8006 list, then I'd be ok but you get one pick from what I understand. Most that don't live on Staten Island wouldn't pick it because of the travel and toll, especially now at $13.

That is true, although I do recall a B/O on here(MTA Hopeful 08) who lived in Brooklyn but choose to work in S.I. because as he said it was a lot easier over there.

He easily had to be spending over $100.00 a week in gas/tolls.

I wonder if Gabchi's husband is still at Fresh Pond depot.

They live on S.I and at the time he was hired(2009)

there were no openings there.

the mta training facility is at 750 zerega ave which is

in the castle hill section of the bronx.

I don't know about public transportation, but if you are

driving it's right off the bruckner expwy. Good luck.

thank you for the infor.

You need navy blue pants, and a sky blue shirt, along with a dark blue tie. You can get this stuff from Sears, Macy's, Uniform supply, etc. When hired, you will get uniforms from the TA, which they will mail to you, after taking your measurements, which is usually done on day 1, which is your orientation day. The instructors (Superintendents) will tell you which depot to report to for qualification (7 to 10 days), then if you pass (you better or else), you will pick your depot you would like to work at, if available. You pick by seniority..........

Archived