You become a REAL Train Operator

Andrew

You can know all the lineups,relays,yard leads,timers..et.BUT IMHO Untill you go and either do a layup or a Put in on 1 or 2 tracks on the E line at Parsons/Archer THAT is what seperates the men from the boys.IF you can walk out of there in a calm and cool manner that is even better.(I could not do so,I ran out of there faster than Edwin Moses in the 100 meter run.)

Those of you who have been there know exactly what I am talking about:eek::eek::eek:

You can know all the lineups,relays,yard leads,timers..et.BUT IMHO Untill you go and either do a layup or a Put in on 1 or 2 tracks on the E line at Parsons/Archer THAT is what seperates the men from the boys.IF you can walk out of there in a calm and cool manner that is even better.(I could not do so,I ran out of there faster than Edwin Moses in the 100 meter run.)

Those of you who have been there know exactly what I am talking about:eek::eek::eek:

Rats Meh... :)

lol...You have to make noise and let them know u are comin so they'll scatter!Try carrying a shoe paddle....I used to work with old-timers that loved to catch and throw em!:eek:

Next time bring some slices of cheese with you and when you get close to them , feed 'em some cheese. They'll come right up to you and nibble it out of your hand ... make friends with them and they won't bother you. In time , some of them will even help you get that put in done. ;):tup:

Parsons on the E never was afraid of a lay up or put in and I was even the #1 LU once. The only time a jumped was when a rat jumper over my shoulder at Euclid climbing on the Refuse train. The way I see it there's no real T/O your a T/O or a Motorman. When you can stop a train in the station with B2 failure your a M/M. When you can troubleshoot without a TSS or keep bad trains in service your a M/M. If not your a T/O.

From the publics perspective, all they see is somebody operating a train and think, "Wow! That job is so easy a caveman can do it!" Thou most have no idea what you guys have to put up with on a day-to-day basis.

Based on some of the interesting stories you guys share makes me think you guys have one of the most interesting jobs in the city. I'm so eager to join the club, thou I have three to six more years!

No sweat for me, Im not scared of rodents or anything. Id be scared of a stray dog though..

And that stray dog will know too! You have to show no fear at all, and the dog will back down. (works for me everytime) If thats doesnt work, you could always sing James Brown songs! Lol.

The only thing that scares me are wasps and spiders!

But back on topic, I've heard some stories about those brazen rats over there!

And that stray dog will know too! You have to show no fear at all, and the dog will back down. (works for me everytime) If thats doesnt work, you could always sing James Brown songs! Lol.

The only thing that scares me are wasps and spiders!

But back on topic, I've heard some stories about those brazen rats over there!

True that.. I sure wouldnt show fear to a wild dog but thats about the only thing that I would be worried about.

One time a rat was in our house.. Grandpa cornered it and stepped right on it.. SPLAT hehe

The public could care less about what we do the whole Motorman/ Train Operator is a in house thing. I have operated some of the worst stuff you could operate without calling it in. It's all about adjusting your operation.

" Adjust your operation accordingly". From Dyre to Flatbush, 207th to Far Rock, 179th to C.I.? Only a new jack at RCC would tell a M/M to do that. Recipe for chaos. A T/O might not understand that though.

Actually it was not the rats I was talking about,although there are several hundred there at any given time.

I was talking about the Giant Flying Roaches!!!

Really?Most of us prolly thought u were talking about the rats!!!I didn't notice any Water Bugs(flying roaches)when I walked those tracks...Have u ever walked back from Metropolitan Ave. Yard at nite?Now I don't know about u but I ain't messin with those Racoons!!!:eek:I have the utmost respect for those suckers....

The public could care less about what we do the whole Motorman/ Train Operator is a in house thing. I have operated some of the worst stuff you could operate without calling it in. It's all about adjusting your operation.

Word Dave i hear some of these newbies whine about the equipment..

Really?Most of us prolly thought u were talking about the rats!!!I didn't notice any Water Bugs(flying roaches)when I walked those tracks...Have u ever walked back from Metropolitan Ave. Yard at nite?Now I don't know about u but I ain't messin with those Racoons!!!:eek:I have the utmost respect for those suckers....

Raccoons arnt so bad,. just gotta watch out for them when they live inside tunnels or indoors. Their feces has eggs that have a parasite that once enters the human body goes into your eyeballs and brain and causes braindamage.

Raccoons arnt so bad,. just gotta watch out for them when they live inside tunnels or indoors. Their feces has eggs that have a parasite that once enters the human body goes into your eyeballs and brain and causes braindamage.

When my dog was a puppy she would sometimes roll around in raccoon feces in my backyard, drove me crazy because the smell is worse then dogs or human feces. I used gloves when I put her in the bathtub to clean it off as well as using separate towels to dry my dog.

Little did I know that you also have to use a N95-rated mask when cleaning raccoon feces. The odor is even worse when you bring the dog inside in the house to clean.

Like I said,I don't mess around with those things...I got hissssed at a couple of times and had to fall back.Braindamage??I can deal with the rats...lol

Like I said,I don't mess around with those things...I got hissssed at a couple of times and had to fall back.Braindamage??I can deal with the rats...lol

Racoons arent no joke. I will never go anywhere near those things. At my Aunts house in the Bronx those suckers are always in her backyard and onetime I went out back to get something and all I heard was hissing and I thought it was a cat and I turned around and hauled ass, that thing was right behind like it was about to bite.

Those things are not your average wild animal. And dont even think about leaving your trashcan wide open......

Racoons arent no joke. I will never go anywhere near those things. At my Aunts house in the Bronx those suckers are always in her backyard and onetime I went out back to get something and all I heard was hissing and I thought it was a cat and I turned around and hauled ass, that thing was right behind like it was about to bite.

Those things are not your average wild animal. And dont even think about leaving your trashcan wide open......

I'm tellin u...those things are off the chain!The hisss is the warning shot....:eek:

Archived