R110 Discussion

East New York

Nope, both the R110A and R110B sit as dead as doors nails. I remember seeing a rollsign for the R110B floating around somewhere, it has some interesting things on it.

Were those interesting things including destinations under the route bullets? like (A) Far Rockaway via JFK? I like the fact they were designed with LCD signs, like the one above the scroll signs on the 110B, that displayed the run's call letters for towers to see. The one i rode frequently was "A0727" which was the 7:27 am out of Lefferts.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah OK "mosaic like design" I know what you're talking about now. This:

img_3403.jpg

Yeah I remember those too. The 7 page brochure I have discussed the entire R110 program in brief (it did not distinguish between the R110A and the R110B). It featured large pictures of the trains and short quotes from various TA employees, along with small pictures of the employees quoted. Each quote was about a paragraph or so just discussing how the cars were "new and improved". Perhaps someday if I have a lot of downtime I'll post it but not today since I've got quite a few things to do later today/tonight.

Were those interesting things including destinations under the route bullets? like (A) Far Rockaway via JFK? I like the fact they were designed with LCD signs, like the one above the scroll signs on the 110B, that displayed the run's call letters for towers to see. The one i rode frequently was "A0727" which was the 7:27 am out of Lefferts.

Those were cool and something the TA should have gone with on the R44/46 signs, but I though the 6th Av orange A and the gray K for the Canarsie line were alot cooler.

Ah OK "mosaic like design" I know what you're talking about now. This:

img_3403.jpg

Yeah I remember those too. The 7 page brochure I have discussed the entire R110 program in brief (it did not distinguish between the R110A and the R110B). It featured large pictures of the trains and short quotes from various TA employees, along with small pictures of the employees quoted. Each quote was about a paragraph or so just discussing how the cars were "new and improved". Perhaps someday if I have a lot of downtime I'll post it but not today since I've got quite a few things to do later today/tonight.

Oh! THat one! i have 3 copies of those from when i went to the public display of 91. And yeah, thats the design. LOL

Those were cool and something the TA should have gone with on the R44/46 signs, but I though the 6th Av orange A and the gray K for the Canarsie line were alot cooler.

Now the Gray K ive seen in older roll signs. the orange A is a new one.

• 6 years later...
  • Lance locked this topic

Archived