What Do You all Think of the New MCI Rear?

TransitGuy

This is old news but I just wanted to know your opinions of the new redesigned rear for the D4500?

commuter01_L.jpg

commuter02_L.jpg

I say yes and I would love to see these in NYC as soon as possible. One thing though in general, the MTA needs to create a new paint scheme, like having a blue base with white graphics (something other than a stripe). the white with a blue stripe is bland.

It looks alright. The lights look a little funny. How does the front and sides look, the same as before?

It is suppose to look like this I think:

d4500ctSpec.jpg

Although I'm not too sure since this was a front design was there for a while (Company's had options to change it I think). Overall the redesign is great since its more functional and sleek.

• 1 month later...
I think its okay. Not the best design but at least something different.

Does anyone know if NYCT will get these and if so when?

They probably will get these soon especially since their older MCI's are getting older. Also, I hear once the new S.I depot (Charleston) opens, they will order about 50 buses to help with service so I believe we can see one of these soon, anything is possible.

I love the new front, since it gives it the look of the J-4500. That new rear, YUCK. I liked the older look with the round side by side tail-lights.

I wonder if the fans can still keep the engine cool, with the near elimination of vents. Those slits on the sides, I don't know. But then again it is MCI, and those D4500 were the best I have ever driven, overall. The Van-Hools and E4500s, did turn better though.

Archived