Newly hired bus operator

lawbattle4

i just look at my paper work and its not 8006 it 8008 i'm sorry i guess becasuse the numbers are alike. sorry about that.

Hahahaha

A banker.. 8006=8008

Dude can You help me withdraw 9999 dollars from the account, but record in the computer 6999 ( Its cool because the numbers are alike )

8008 is not TA, its OA

You dont have city pension, and you dont have civil protection behind you. and some other stuff

There are some OA people who are still out of work, and MTA is hiring new TA and OA people, interesting way to do business. Well, I guess I can see the point of MTA, New people come in with longer time to top pay, if tier 5 in effect then MTA will save on pension as well, I think I heard that vocation days are different too, and other savings for MTA

yea bankers do make mistakes (but i would never withdraw $9999 from your acct because you don't have that much in your acct, lol)but, it ok. oa, mta, ta it doesnt matter, its a job, i'm happy and thats the only thing that matters. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

What a relief, whew. I had a feeling it was exam 8008

MTA Bus, which was about 4 years ago. You don't have to

show me anything, it's cool. I believed you got hired but not from the 8006 list.

Good luck at Zerega, give the instructor what he/she wants

and you will be all right. Training is way too short in my opinion, but it's in your hands, you can make it happen.

This is a post from "The Hat" an MTA B/O.

"the MTA only trains B/O's 10 days and says you're a professional. Liberty lines trained me 8 weeks. Academy trained me 4 weeks.

When I completed training w/ LL I had to read and know the operators manual for all of their equipment, know and drive all 69 routes and deviations (both LL express and transit).

We had a solid 8 hours on ADA and a full week on the Artic alone. In order to take the artic out of 475 we had to back the bus out of an indoor lane without pulling up.

MTA's training is wholly inadequate by industry standards and IMO irresponsible for the conditions that we are subjected to, furthermore this may explain the lack of professionalism propagated by some MTA employees, IMO."

I'm low on list 8006 under 191 and didn't hear anything yet.

I won't be ready for a while as I have other commitments so Im hoping they start calling later. But I will post to update when I have news to share.

You don't have to accept it the first time or even the second. It's not a take it or leave it kind of a job offer.

They say you get 3 chances to pass it up. Correct me if I am wrong but I think you have to go down to DCAS and get your list number reinstated, not really sure.

...(but i would never withdraw $9999 from your acct because you don't have that much in your acct, lol....

lawbattle4, you can just read capital letters :)

there YOU go making another ASSumption :(

YOU should never ASSume stuff like that.

when YOU ASSume, YOU make an ASS out of YOU and YOU only

;)

:)

If you are this sensitive, you aint gona survive in MTA .

Customers will curse you out, they will be on your ass because of traffic, because of delays and stuff.

Stop being so sensitive and let all of the bull shit fly you by.

I had customers who were mad at me because I did not know when we were going to depart the bus stop during the snow storm in December.

They were asking me for the exact time, because they had plans and they had to be somewhere. I kept it cool and asked them to go ask that question from the bus driver who was stock in front of me, and the other 5 who were in front of him :(

no i'm not that sensitive, i just dont like another bus driver who's in this field, for a while, i guess, try to bring a newbie down, your not a customer, your a person that has been on this forum for a long time, and you should not put anyone down cuz of an honest mistake i even said that i was sorry, and you no i'm a former banker so i no how to deal with customers, yea its bad with customer asking why your not on time why the bus is running late, but try dealing with a customer, when their money is missing, and you don't no where it is or when the state locks up your customer acct, because of IRS or child support, than thats when your customer service skills come in to play. and the shit started flying when u called me an ass, dont throw shit if you dont want it back,. now have a good day my Friend.:)

I dont know how you B/Os do it.I have no problem Preparing a 600 foot train for service but would not know the first thing about how to prepare a Bus for service.

I can operate ANY train on ANY line with confidence yet just the thought of driving a Bus makes me nervous.

A Bus Operator is 1000 times harder than a Train Operator IMOHO.WHat really suprises me is how crappy the starting pay is for a B/O.

You guys have to take the BOSS test,Train Operators did not have to.

10 days of training and then you are ready to go out on a route?? Thats insane.

To ALL of those who drive a Bus,I SALUTE YOU!!!!:tup::tup::tup:

This is for Oleg, lawbattle, and all transit workers that see this post:

I am not a bus operator and I don't work for Transit, but everybody just chill. Please. I have a lot of friends who are bus operators and I have seen beef between operators on the job. I even had some beef myself with a couple of operators that rubbed me the wrong way and have witnessed firsthand the ineptitude of several higher-ups. But most of the operators I know are good people to know and be around. I don't particularly enjoy seeing beef between co-workers in real life (which I have witnessed plenty of anyway), but seeing beef between current/future/past co-workers on this forum hurts me. Especially when it comes to city jobs like this one where there's enough bullshit from the outside (dealing with human nature in its purest, ugliest form). Please don't let this happen again. On the forum as well as in real life if you can avoid it. I will not point fingers. I don't advise anyone else to either.

Holy cow! I cant believe you guys went at it like that (lawbattle & Oleg) Oleg is right though, as soon as he said you could be or are mistaken you should have taken another look at you're papers. I know I'd definitely would have, especially considering that it's about a career you'll most likely spend the rest of you're working life in. When it comes to online forums people tend to establish a code of conduct of sorts in which everyone is expected to follow some sort of proper etiquette that noobs may or may not know about. And you lawbattle quickly got confrontational with someone that in REALITY simply set you straight for your own good. On the job, that could have been you're last no-no. Kudos to you nonetheless for being called up.

If I was a B/O, I would get lost, especially in the outer boroughs. I would have no clue where I am going and end up in Long Island. I could never be a B/O.

That is why they have line training where you learn all

of the lines of the depot that you are working out of.

Not only that you also have to get familiar with the side streets off the route in case of a detour(fire, police,con edison,etc). I am sure they let new B/O's have index

cards where they can write down where to make turns,etc.

Which is why I think working the extra list sucks, you might be working a different line every day, at least if you are working the same line all the time you won't get

lost but all that stuff is seniority based of course.

Any Brooklyn Operators out there? I want to go to a Brooklyn depot but everyone in my depot telling me don't do it. They said its a lot of work and dangerous. I really don't care I just want to know if its that bad.

The only ones that I know on here are Olegkha and Ditja.

I would think the Bronx would be the most dangerous but I guess

it's a tossup between the two. Is the commute to Queens Village rough or something?

I have work Manhattan Brooklyn and Queens and all have there ups and downs. As long as you don't let the fare box bother you Brooklyn is easy. For the most part that is the BS of brooklyn. Manhattan you work like a dog and in Queens you deal with the elderly that take forever to climb the steps. One more thing work as close as you can to home.who wants to drive a extra hour a day after driving 8 hours already.

I have work Manhattan Brooklyn and Queens and all have there ups and downs. As long as you don't let the fare box bother you Brooklyn is easy. For the most part that is the BS of brooklyn. Manhattan you work like a dog and in Queens you deal with the elderly that take forever to climb the steps. One more thing work as close as you can to home.who wants to drive a extra hour a day after driving 8 hours already.

You are right about that! And Bronx and Staten Island are all of the above!

I was planning on going to Brooklyn because that's where I live. I travel by car to queens, burning a lot of gas. If I have to take public transportation its 2 trains and a bus. I had to do that the day of the snow storm. It was a nightmare. I found out that I could of reported to the depot closest to me which is Flatbush depot.

Archived