Newly hired bus operator

lawbattle4

MTA bus and T.A start the same rate well (spring creek) do 18.89 I think

No difference other then being a civil servant and top pay is a few dollars short only because they renew there contracts before us MTAB

Pension same they get $105 we get $105 to retire

Thats our new contract that just got signed.

Same shyt different ass smell

Just in MTA bus you have to do your job or else u can lose it quick

Other T.A. Who can eat cheese burgers and talk on the bluetooth while driving

But dude 5 to 10 years it will be all the same I don't care if they make more at top pay cuz when we catch up we get the raise and a fat ass retro check! Booyah! Lol

Jmazz, out of curiosity, as an experienced driver do you know if Control would've told you to take the bus out of service while waiting for the cops

or would their priority be the schedule. Thanks

Unlike in RTO, in surface you do have some things you can do. In RTO, taking a train OOS blows up the railroad, while in the DOB, it is an inconvenience. They can put you back in place. If someone is smoking on the bus, you should ask them to put it out. If they tell you off, pullover in the nearest bus stop, secure your bus and call it in. Just say "this is run such and such, on the whatever line, in the bus stop at wherever. I have a customer who insists on smoking on the bus. I asked them to put out whatever they are smoking. They insist on not putting it out. I secured my bus, and will wait for you to send police to my location, or them to stop." They cannot do anything, or make you drive under circumstances that you should not be driving under. All drivers know, no one gets fired for being late, so the schedule goes out the window. Fact is, if you drive the way you were trained, you will be late. You suppose to be late. Very late...........

Saying that, some lines do have too much running time, causing one to have to sit, to not run early...........

Unlike in RTO, in surface you do have some things you can do. In RTO, taking a train OOS blows up the railroad, while in the DOB, it is an inconvenience. They can put you back in place. If someone is smoking on the bus, you should ask them to put it out. If they tell you off, pullover in the nearest bus stop, secure your bus and call it in. Just say "this is run such and such, on the whatever line, in the bus stop at wherever. I have a customer who insists on smoking on the bus. I asked them to put out whatever they are smoking. They insist on not putting it out. I secured my bus, and will wait for you to send police to my location, or them to stop." They cannot do anything, or make you drive under circumstances that you should not be driving under. All drivers know, no one gets fired for being late, so the schedule goes out the window. Fact is, if you drive the way you were trained, you will be late. You suppose to be late. Very late...........

Saying that, some lines do have too much r

unning time, causing one to have to sit, to not run early...........

thanks DOB,

I'm almost finished training for a bus operator job in NJ and it's similar where they want you safe even if late and the same way to pull over if too early for a pickup. It's driving the disabled so it can be challenging. I hope it can hold me until the 8006 list starts rolling.

thanks DOB,

I'm almost finished training for a bus operator job in NJ and it's similar where they want you safe even if late and the same way to pull over if too early for a pickup. It's driving the disabled so it can be challenging. I hope it can hold me until the 8006 list starts rolling.

What bus company in jersey is it because i`m looking into doing that for now until 8006 starts to move i work at access a ride for now but i hate it and maybe i`ll go here for now let me know were it is and were to apply thanks !!!

What bus company in jersey is it because i`m looking into doing that for now until 8006 starts to move i work at access a ride for now but i hate it and maybe i`ll go here for now let me know were it is and were to apply thanks !!!

Wow, that was a long sentence!!:eek:

1st Transit in Union NJ. They have alot of rules and it's transporting the disabled. It's pretty much the same bus as MV.

Good luck if u go Igor.

Wow, that was a long sentence!!:eek:

1st Transit in Union NJ. They have alot of rules and it's transporting the disabled. It's pretty much the same bus as MV.

Good luck if u go Igor.

I was also looking into apllying for this company it`s called private transportations corp they have a bus route it`s b110 it goes from boro park into willamsburg but mostly all jewsh people ride it hasidic jews i googled it there yard is on 2nd ave and 15th street in brooklyn. down town brooklyn i`ll go and see what`s it`s all about when i have a day off

I was also looking into apllying for this company it`s called private transportations corp they have a bus route it`s b110 it goes from boro park into willamsburg but mostly all jewsh people ride it hasidic jews i googled it there yard is on 2nd ave and 15th street in brooklyn. down town brooklyn i`ll go and see what`s it`s all about when i have a day off

You should probably brush up on your yiddish if you seriously plan to take this job. It will definitely come in quite handy.

Do u know anything about this job or company i`m jewish but not a hasidic jewish

Nope, sorry. I just know that in general, in Brooklyn, the hassids speak a lot of Yiddish, so I am quite sure it would be helpful to know a little bit if you are going to drive this route. I'm not even Jewish, so I'm not the best person to ask lol.

Nope, sorry. I just know that in general, in Brooklyn, the hassids speak a lot of Yiddish, so I am quite sure it would be helpful to know a little bit if you are going to drive this route. I'm not even Jewish, so I'm not the best person to ask lol.

if i do go there and drive i`m only getting payed to drive and pay attention to rhe road

if i do go there and drive i`m only getting payed to drive and pay attention to rhe road

Of course, but i am sure you will need to have some interaction with the passengers, and it would help in those cases, since communication can be difficult if some passengers do not speak English well. Plus, it might even help you get hired if you can impress the owners, who knows!

There would be no interaction at all if the B/O was a woman

as they are not supposed to look, talk or touch a woman they don't know.

I find them to be quite an interesting bunch

whenever I am driving through their neighborhoods.

speaking about them the way they drive the school buses they drive like maniacs they cut me off a bunch of times in the access a ride but if i`m on a one way block and i`m picking up a passeneger assiting her in the bus or car and there behing me they honk like maniacs and i scream at them and say knock it off.

I know what you mean Igor, they are also reckless when they

cross the street, they just dart out without looking, cross against the light, etc. And they walk like they are in such a rush to get somewhere. But since I am in their "territory" so to speak I drive really carefully and avoid having any problems because they have their own police, "shomrin.":eek:

Archived