*********update*********

Blatherskite

Conductor list has been hired up to 217 on the promotional list

Train operator has been hired up to 106 on the promotional list.

As of today no classes have been planned after the January 24th class, but that is subject to change.

what is the original number on the promotional Q/C list

sorry guys, my question is what is the original number on the promotional C/O list?

If I understand what your asking, the total number of people on the Conductor promotional list has 445 total names in line, while the Train Operator list has 833. That means the Conductor promotional list is almost half way through. The people on the list from after 217 to 445 got low scores, so don't be surprised if the MTA burns through the list pretty fast from 218 on. They're now scraping from the bottom of the barrel, and honestly most of the people from 218 on don't deserve the promotion because they weren't even intelligent enough to get a high score on the test while actually working there. It's pathetic. Would you want a doctor operating on you that passed his medical exams with an 89? I wouldn't either. Transit apparently doesn't want, or can't only hire the most intelligent people that take the tests, or there just aren't enough available, so they have to settle with what's left. With the promotional, they have to go through the bottom dwellers as well, unless their records with Transit are bad. Those guys with bad records won't get their promotions.

It's actually not fair that someone from this list point on that actually got lower than a 90 on their score is going to get in now and has seniority, while someone like subwayguy, who got a perfect 100 on it (but he is on the open competitive) has to wait about another 6 months to a year to get hired. If Transit hired only people that did well on the test, you wouldn't have some of the boneheads that work there, and the other fools that think they have it so hard (top pay is $29.00 per hour with full benefits and several weeks of paid vacation, oh boo hoo the torture. :cry:) and are really just looking for handouts, and cry that Transit is racist, even though Transit hired them, so how racist can they be?

I agree. Infact, before I joined this forum I used to somewhat assume that promo lists on civil service exams actually had some sort of official passing grade, so as to minimize "boneheads" promotions as you say and actually hire people with perfect scores or close. After all if Im not mistaken on most or all civil service promo exams the questions are the same as open competitive, so it makes perfect (or common sense) to simply call up the best score no matter where they are. I can see this being a new rule sometime in the future of the MTA.

I'm 112 on the t/o promo and passed the medical in Dec. Should I be in the Jan 24th class?

The January 24th 2011 class (if I am not mistaken, don't quote me on this) is a class of 10 Train Operators. If you are in that class, you would know. They would call you, so if they haven't called you yet, they may call you in the next week give or take a few days. If not, then you should be in the next class. 106 was the last list number actually hired, not just called in, so I would assume you would be in the next class of 10 if you are 6 list numbers after the last list number hired. Pay attention and make some calls if you haven't heard anything in the next week. Squeaky wheels get oiled.

It's actually not fair that someone from this list point on that actually got lower than a 90 on their score is going to get in now and has seniority, while someone like subwayguy, who got a perfect 100 on it (but he is on the open competitive) has to wait about another 6 months to a year to get hired. If Transit hired only people that did well on the test, you wouldn't have some of the boneheads that work there, and the other fools that think they have it so hard (top pay is $29.00 per hour with full benefits and several weeks of paid vacation, oh boo hoo the torture. :cry:) and are really just looking for handouts, and cry that Transit is racist, even though Transit hired them, so how racist can they be?

just because one scores high on a civil service exam doesn't mean they are not boneheads. in all honesty, the "boneheads" on the promotional list with a score under 90 at least had the brains to DO THEIR JOB and therefore still be eligible for the promotion. unlike the true boneheads who do foolish things, get terminated and now have to take the open competitive and pray that the MTA rehires them. don't you agree, phrasiercrane?

just because one scores high on a civil service exam doesn't mean they are not boneheads. in all honesty, the "boneheads" on the promotional list with a score under 90 at least had the brains to DO THEIR JOB and therefore still be eligible for the promotion. unlike the true boneheads who do foolish things, get terminated and now have to take the open competitive and pray that the MTA rehires them. don't you agree, phrasiercrane?

freddy how did you get fired between yesturday and today? i think you have him confused with someone else. i was flagging with him yesturday. i agree with what he said because there are a lot of "simple people" that really dont have the proper skills to preform well in another title. i have come across atds that used to be s/a's and they talk to the crews like we are the public. just because you pass a test does not mean you are qualified for the job.

freddy how did you get fired between yesturday and today? i think you have him confused with someone else. i was flagging with him yesturday. i agree with what he said because there are a lot of "simple people" that really dont have the proper skills to preform well in another title. i have come across atds that used to be s/a's and they talk to the crews like we are the public. just because you pass a test does not mean you are qualified for the job.

I really don't know man, but like I said there are true idiot boneheads that work with us. As you can see from the two statements before you, who should be aptly named Transit bonehead present, and Transit bonehead future. A fool will always be a fool, and those two fools obviously have me confused for someone else, but they are too illiterate to understand I'm not who they seem to think (using this word think very loosely regarding them) I am someone they are apparently in love with and jealous of. Oh well. Feel sorry for the fool, and support the good. I'll feel sorry for these fools. You I support brother. I can't recall saying anything directed at either one, but they must continue to sweat me. I guess I control the turds. :cool:

since you have nothing useful to say you figure you might as well **** ride.

It's amazing that they are so angry with me that I am doing something nice for the other users that are patiently waiting on the list, by giving them an update on the list since I know the supervisor that works on the lists. Go figure. You can save the word and these two children would get angry. Are we still on for dinner next weekend bro? My wife wanted me to tell your wife she's free on Monday, her phones messed up, so please have her call her on the house phone.

It's amazing that they are so angry with me that I am doing something nice for the other users that are patiently waiting on the list, by giving them an update on the list since I know the supervisor that works on the lists. Go figure. You can save the word and these two children would get angry. Are we still on for dinner next weekend bro? My wife wanted me to tell your wife she's free on Monday, her phones messed up, so please have her call her on the house phone.

no problem. she will give her a call. as for messo he's angry because he wants to work here so bad and knows he'll never get hired. oh well. dont sweat the small fries.

Thanks for the update, but what does this news mean for everyone on the O/C conductor list? My rank # is in the low 400s. Any estimate of when I will hear something?

Us open competitives have to wait until they start calling from that list. You're gonna have to wait a while, but I know one thing - you're gonna get hired waaaaay before me, which considering my list #, that's IF I get hired.

you and your imaginary buddy

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

maybe it's another alter ego. phrasiercrane, naughtygal, mojoking, and now we can add "freddy" and cdi919 to the list. NICE! watch the identity crisis unfold right before our eyes! "my wife wanted to tell your wife she's free".... LMAO!!!! wow!!!!!!! you REALLY MUST be two separate people afterall! yeah right.... i'm not that gullible, bonehead.

all this just because you gave a list update.

sure, thats all he (YOU) did.......... in typical phrasiercrane, naughtygal, and mojoking fashion, follows up a post on list updates with a rant calling people boneheads and fools and somehow always finding a way to maneuver race and racism into every topic brought up.

WOW, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice this identity crisis. Harry, you should definitely ban this person's ip address from this site. He/She is a disruptive influence to people that want to find out information about obtaining employment with the MTA, No one should have to read comments like because you scored lower than a 99 on a test that your a moron. His/Her comments made on this site are always negative in manner. I've never come across anyone on this site who has such a personality as this. I really believe this person has serious issues that can only be subdued by coming on this forum and trying to make people feel inferior to him/her.

The January 24th 2011 class (if I am not mistaken, don't quote me on this) is a class of 10 Train Operators. If you are in that class, you would know. They would call you, so if they haven't called you yet, they may call you in the next week give or take a few days.

No one from either promo list has been notified with more time than the Wednesday before the class starts, so i wouldn't expect any knowledge prior to 1/19 and possibly as close as 1/21.

Archived