Update on this map are as follows:

23 St-Ely Av is now Court Sq-23 St

Jay St-Borough Hall is now Jay St Metro Tech

Fulton St/Cortlandt St is now Fulton St Transit Center

Whitehall St/Broad St/Bowling Green is now South Ferry Terminal

Queensboro Plaza is now Queens Plaza

Subway Line changes:

(H) now only runs weekdays.

(J) is extended to Kings Hwy on the (N) line weekdays only.

(Mx) now runs daily (6am-11pm, 7 days a week) between Woodside and Bay Pkwy. Late Night service remains unchanged.

(N) now runs via Manhattan Bridge/Broadway Express/4 Av Local on Weekdays. Late Nights and Weekend service remains local to replace the (W).

(V) now runs via Lower Manhattan on the weekdays.

(W) trains are now extended to Bay Pkwy on the weekdays via West End and Lower Manhattan, but not 4 Ave.

(7) and (8) switch places in the Bronx.

(8) now only runs on Weekdays.

Map_With_Extensions_Regular_Map_4-22-10-1.jpg

Another iteration of the greatest map ever, and the only fantasy map I'll ever not think of as crap because it's so funny how hard Luis went.

Too bad about 35-50% of NYC is pretty much gone there what with every damn subway line going through three or four boroughs, and the yards...

Great map, just a few things.

Why is the (3) local in Manhattan? That would cause tons of delays switching in an out of the local tracks, and Broadway needs 2 express services. Same with the (6) going to Bowling Green, or South Ferry as you call it. That would cause massive delays, and with express trains running literally every 90 seconds that would be chaos.

This is quite the map. I guess there is such as a thing as too many subway lines, but I think a lot of them would be helpful. I also have a suggestion or two. For the Second Ave Subway, I’d take the line that runs down 125th St and extend it up to the George Washington Bus Terminal or even the Bronx.

• 2 weeks later...

Paint is great for painting, but not so great for making maps. The program does not have advanced editing features; for example, you cannot work with layers, can only undo the last three steps, and you cannot select objects once you've painted them, like lines, stations, text etc. Which essentially means you'll always have to use the eraser tool to erase certain parts of your map if you want to reconfigure them.

You can use free vector-based programs, like the GIMP, or Inkscape. I use Adobe Illustrator for my maps, but that's not free.

Wow Luis1985, at least you are thinking.

Imagine if all the lines both subways and Els were still up around the city.

Examples:

9th,6th,3rd and 2nd ave Els .

Myrtle Ave line still running from Bushwick and Myrtle.

J train still went to Driggs and Broadway Ferry along the Broadway EL route.

Lexington ave El still merged with Gates Ave.

The Els (Fulton, 5th ave, etc) over the Brooklyn Bridge.

S/F,

CEYA!

Archived