R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Another thing to keep in mind when discussing full length (C) is the fact that the agency is in relatively dire fiscal straits right now. I daresay that’ll have an effect on what course of action is chosen...

In other words, is there a possibility that those plans may be delayed until the r211's as a result of Canarsie shutdown not happening plus money issues?

Well, that explains why the r46's went back to the A.

21 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

There is no document or paper. It's a word from a very good T/O friend of mine who's very involved in the MTA system. Just trust me on it.

So basically it happens or it doesn't? Good to know it's as reliable as hearing about full length (C) s for a year now.

4 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

They gonna have no choice, when the summer hits. Where are you gonna put the R32's? The (B) is out of the question.

It's best to keep them on the (A) until retirement. 

I hope you're not reffering to the summer swap which hasnt happened in what,  two summers?  Didn't they fix thr A/C units?  They did, didn't they.  You know where the 32s will be this summer?  Barring a Fleet shift,  on the C just like last summer. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

There is no document or paper. It's a word from a very good T/O friend of mine who's very involved in the MTA system. Just trust me on it.

There's always a document on things like this. They're called "bullitens". If your T/O friend is confirming this as fact,  it's probably from a bulliten.  Which all train Crews are responsible for reading. 

54 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

I hope you're not reffering to the summer swap which hasnt happened in what,  two summers?  Didn't they fix thr A/C units?  They did, didn't they.  You know where the 32s will be this summer?  Barring a Fleet shift,  on the C just like last summer. 

They only had 8 sets on the (C) not 18 and even with those 8 sets, they were cars going oos due to bad a/c while the ones on the (J) were fine with the exeption of 2 cars having bad a/c. 

20 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Is 3190-3197 still doing burn in or is it in passenger service yet?

20 hours ago, Calvin said:

Still doing burn in for now. Not yet in passenger service. 

Mentioned as of now, 3190-7 is in-service. 6 sets in-total for now on the (C)