R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/9/2019 at 12:15 AM, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Knowing how overly cautious and restrictive supervision is, the debut of the first 10-car set of R179s will most likely stay away from The Rockaways on Sunday. If anything happens, better it not be over an open body of water far removed from the rest of the system/hard to reach.

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

For those interested, 3010-19 is heading down signed for Far Rockaway. Should be around 175th by now.

Boom

4 hours ago, Fan Railer said:

LOL...

0645 Euclid to Lefferts was the first revenue run. You were DEFINITELY not the first foamer on the train.

I didn't know about that train and I quickly posted that using subway wi-fi so I didn't have much time to do it. I am sorry for that post.

29 minutes ago, Tech And Transit said:

Can't believe it's been over two years since this set got delivered and started testing. It's about time it entered service!

I really appreciate your videos and those of @Dj Hammers. In addition to getting rare catches, you both do an exceptional job of editing your videos and making them look crisp. While anyone like myself can go out and take train videos, you put in the extra effort, which most people, including myself, can't do.