R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Union Tpke said:

I really appreciate your videos and those of @Dj Hammers. In addition to getting rare catches, you both do an exceptional job of editing your videos and making them look crisp. While anyone like myself can go out and take train videos, you put in the extra effort, which most people, including myself, can't do.

I agree. I wish I know how to upload pics in this forum. 

Now that the pilot train is finally in service, we should expect the next 10 car train to be delivered within the next 3 to 5 weeks, depending how well the passenger test goes with the pilot train.

As an (A) train rider this is so incredible to see. Almost every subway line in New York has (or occasionally sees) New Tech Trains. The (A) will finally join this trend. It's been a rough wait. Years of ancient trains. The first New Tech is here, though- and more are on the way!

I seriously can't believe it. (A) riders will be able to hear announcements and have working A/C!!! 

😭😭🤣🤣

1 minute ago, MrQuesada said:

As an (A) train rider this is so incredible to see. Almost every subway line in New York has (or occasionally sees) New Tech Trains. The (A) will finally join this trend. It's been a rough wait. Years of ancient trains. The first New Tech is here, though- and more are on the way!

I seriously can't believe it. (A) riders will be able to hear announcements and have working A/C!!! 

😭😭🤣🤣

We had the R110B and the first 30-day pilot attempt of the R160. 

3 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Boom

This is a thread about the R179 subway cars and you're here desperately proving you're right about every little thing. The first set of R179s assigned to the (A) made a trip to Far Rockaway. Big deal. I predicted otherwise. I couldn't care less if you were right or not, which is why I didn't bother wasting my time responding to you in the first place, but you felt the urge to send me a second response to further reinforce your insecure ego. Maybe you've spent too much time underground. There are plenty of therapists here in NY that you could choose from. Good luck.

1 hour ago, MrQuesada said:

😭😭🤣🤣

I agree and the A will become 100% NTT when the r211's are in service.

In the meantime, enjoy this clip!!

BTW, I've seen a lot of YouTube comments by A train riders showing a lot of excitement about the r179's.

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

2 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

This is a thread about the R179 subway cars and you're here desperately proving you're right about every little thing. The first set of R179s assigned to the (A) made a trip to Far Rockaway. Big deal. I predicted otherwise. I couldn't care less if you were right or not, which is why I didn't bother wasting my time responding to you in the first place, but you felt the urge to send me a second response to further reinforce your insecure ego. Maybe you've spent too much time underground. There are plenty of therapists here in NY that you could choose from. Good luck.

Wow.  Someones upset. 

1)every little thing?  No.

2)your little speech there, is the kettle calling the pot, hot. 

3)insecure ego?  Please. 

4)I spend more time outside then underground. Thank you very much.  

But in all seriousness,  here you are,  writing this big grand response over a post calling me insecure and saying hownits not that big of a real in the first place yet there it is,  written out in all it's glory.  

If I need a therapist,  I'm sure you have a few on standby you can recommend.  

And not only do i not recall ever interacting with you before,  since you say I'm always trying to be,  oh wait,  you said desperately provimg I'm right about every little thing, butbi mayself aren't on here often,  so I guess either someone got butthurt (over a post BTW)  and decided to lash out,  or you went back and read the majority of my posts spread out over the last what, 10-12 years or so? 

Hmmmmmm.....

1 hour ago, RR503 said:

How were the other express runs? 

Phenomenal, bar the timers along Fulton and CPW, of course :rolleyes:

Hoyt-Schermerhorn-Nostrand was quite good, along with the Broadway Junction-Euclid run. 8 Av was pretty much stellar the whole way from Columbus Circle to Canal