R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

1 minute ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

WTH??? I guess a few undercover cops are going to be needed on that train to handle these obnoxious teens who I doubt that they're part of this forum. Yes, it's cool to railfan as long as it's done in a safe manner and without disrupting people's commute. So please if anyone knows who these obnoxious teens are, please tell them to take it easy and calm down!!!!

Sad that they’ve been doing this stuff for as long as many can remember, do these people have empathy for everybody else?

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Sad that they’ve been doing this stuff for as long as many can remember, do these people have empathy for everybody else?

I agree and I wonder if these things have happened in the r143s, r142's, r160's and r188s??? Sad and very immature behavior.

1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

Why do I find videos of people locking the damn storm doors online? Pisses me off and I know it's clearly not everyone but a few in the bunch that makes it suck for everyone. Also, please don't hold the doors when trying to get EXCLUSIVES and all that. You just make the lives of the train crew much worse. I hear repeated announcements to let go of the doors from the conductors when they are trying to close the doors. God Forbid something happens to you and you were just trying to get a good picture. Get off the train and let it go. Is it that hard?

Is this video on youtube? If so, can you post it?

If these fans act like this with the R179's, I can imagine if an R32 would pop up on a different line outside the (A) or (C).

That's why I'm glad I got the train early in the morning and left before noon. 

Now that a window was broken, I can bet ta will take this seriously. A lot of these retards need a good ass beating. It's unknown if a railfans or some random nigga broke the window but I'm not surprised at all.

2 hours ago, LTA1992 said:

Good ride today. Train was so smooth, I barely felt anything as we ran at 50.

Despite the issues, they are good trains. Fast and so warm I had to take off my coat.

Why weren't the R160s this toasty when they were new? I used to freeze lol

I noticed that the benches on the R179s warm up. So that is definitely a nice feature especially in the winter time. Definitely handy on the (J) which is outside for most of its route.

3 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

WTH??? I guess a few undercover cops are going to be needed on that train to handle these obnoxious teens who I doubt that they're part of this forum. Yes, it's cool to railfan as long as it's done in a safe manner and without disrupting people's commute. So please if anyone knows who these obnoxious teens are, please tell them to take it easy and calm down!!!!

3 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

If these fans act like this with the R179's, I can imagine if an R32 would pop up on a different line outside the (A) or (C).

That's why I'm glad I got the train early in the morning and left before noon. 

Now that a window was broken, I can bet ta will take this seriously. A lot of these retards need a good ass beating. It's unknown if a railfans or some random nigga broke the window but I'm not surprised at all.

How exactly do we know that fans actually did that though?

7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

How exactly do we know that fans actually did that though?

I don't think fans from this forum were involved. It could have been just high schoolers. Easy New York and Far Rockaway have a reputation. Anyways, regardless of who did it, undercover cops are needed to maintain order on the train.

3 minutes ago, Maxwell179 said:

anyone know where it’s at now ?

Being repaired after being vandalized. At least the train has been doing well mechanically.

20 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Wow, I didn't know broken train windows are so easy to replace. Lol!!! But I'm glad it's back and hopefully there's cops riding the train.

There's no need for cops to be riding this train just because its a brand new 179, not even fan trips with museum cars have cops on them.

47 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Wow, I didn't know broken train windows are so easy to replace. Lol!!! But I'm glad it's back and hopefully there's cops riding the train.

Trains get vandalized all the time. No need for cops, and if this incident is any indication that the (A) and (C) shouldn’t get New equipment... I’ll totally understand. I’m surprised the (J) has R179’s that havent been damaged yet.

Okay.... That was weird... after leaving 125th, it jerked back pretty violently after accelerating. Probably an electrical gap over the first set of switches. Did anyone else feel that before on this set?

Anyways at 145th at 5:54 pm. 207th street bound. I’m going all the way to the end.

Edited by junjun441

13 minutes ago, junjun441 said:

Okay.... That was weird... after leaving 125th, it jerked back pretty violently after accelerating. Probably an electrical gap over the first set of switches. Did anyone else feel that before on this set?

Anyways at 145th at 5:54 pm. 207th street bound. I’m going all the way to the end.

Yeah, I felt it as well on 3012. Not sure what was the cause though.