Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

R179 Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, DaPr03 said:

Doors were being held at Canal St S/B when it was going to Far Rockaway, they kept opening & closing for 1-3 minutes. People kept looking at the doors & were mad, I could tell the conductor & train operator were mad too because 2-3 employees had to enter the conductor cab to check what was going on.

I remember that, I was in the last car when it happened. The doors must of opened and closed about 8 times. I was getting worried because I thought the whole train would have to be taken out of service. And it ended up getting taken out of service anyway for a different problem.

In general riding on the R179 (A) was refreshing from all the R32’s and R46’s. It was great to hear some announcements on the (A)  and actual working electronic signs. Those R46’s especially the ones from Jamaica always have broken signs. 

Yesterday, it wasn't bad heading to Lefferts Blvd. It stood at Chambers St for about 10 mins. b/c of smoke condition on the Cranberry St tube. 

1 hour ago, DaPr03 said:

Broken windshield on a door on 3016, taken OOS @ Far Rockaway. It'll probably be repaired & quickly put into service again.

WTH??? I guess a few undercover cops are going to be needed on that train to handle these obnoxious teens who I doubt that they're part of this forum. Yes, it's cool to railfan as long as it's done in a safe manner and without disrupting people's commute. So please if anyone knows who these obnoxious teens are, please tell them to take it easy and calm down!!!!

1 minute ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

WTH??? I guess a few undercover cops are going to be needed on that train to handle these obnoxious teens who I doubt that they're part of this forum. Yes, it's cool to railfan as long as it's done in a safe manner and without disrupting people's commute. So please if anyone knows who these obnoxious teens are, please tell them to take it easy and calm down!!!!

Sad that they’ve been doing this stuff for as long as many can remember, do these people have empathy for everybody else?

4 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Sad that they’ve been doing this stuff for as long as many can remember, do these people have empathy for everybody else?

I agree and I wonder if these things have happened in the r143s, r142's, r160's and r188s??? Sad and very immature behavior.

1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

Why do I find videos of people locking the damn storm doors online? Pisses me off and I know it's clearly not everyone but a few in the bunch that makes it suck for everyone. Also, please don't hold the doors when trying to get EXCLUSIVES and all that. You just make the lives of the train crew much worse. I hear repeated announcements to let go of the doors from the conductors when they are trying to close the doors. God Forbid something happens to you and you were just trying to get a good picture. Get off the train and let it go. Is it that hard?

Is this video on youtube? If so, can you post it?

If these fans act like this with the R179's, I can imagine if an R32 would pop up on a different line outside the (A) or (C).

That's why I'm glad I got the train early in the morning and left before noon. 

Now that a window was broken, I can bet ta will take this seriously. A lot of these retards need a good ass beating. It's unknown if a railfans or some random nigga broke the window but I'm not surprised at all.

• Upvote 1

Good ride today. Train was so smooth, I barely felt anything as we ran at 50.

Despite the issues, they are good trains. Fast and so warm I had to take off my coat.

Why weren't the R160s this toasty when they were new? I used to freeze lol

2 hours ago, LTA1992 said:

Good ride today. Train was so smooth, I barely felt anything as we ran at 50.

Despite the issues, they are good trains. Fast and so warm I had to take off my coat.

Why weren't the R160s this toasty when they were new? I used to freeze lol

I noticed that the benches on the R179s warm up. So that is definitely a nice feature especially in the winter time. Definitely handy on the (J) which is outside for most of its route.

3 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

3 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

If these fans act like this with the R179's, I can imagine if an R32 would pop up on a different line outside the (A) or (C).

That's why I'm glad I got the train early in the morning and left before noon. 

Now that a window was broken, I can bet ta will take this seriously. A lot of these retards need a good ass beating. It's unknown if a railfans or some random nigga broke the window but I'm not surprised at all.

How exactly do we know that fans actually did that though?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, R32 3838 said:

If these fans act like this with the R179's,

I doubt railfans would (purposely) crack a window. At least I'd think they'd have enough respect to, y'know, not damage transit property, especially on a brand new train in service.

7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

How exactly do we know that fans actually did that though?

I don't think fans from this forum were involved. It could have been just high schoolers. Easy New York and Far Rockaway have a reputation. Anyways, regardless of who did it, undercover cops are needed to maintain order on the train.

3 minutes ago, Maxwell179 said:

anyone know where it’s at now ?

Being repaired after being vandalized. At least the train has been doing well mechanically.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

The train is back in service as of this morning...

Wow, I didn't know broken train windows are so easy to replace. Lol!!! But I'm glad it's back and hopefully there's cops riding the train.

20 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Wow, I didn't know broken train windows are so easy to replace. Lol!!! But I'm glad it's back and hopefully there's cops riding the train.

There's no need for cops to be riding this train just because its a brand new 179, not even fan trips with museum cars have cops on them.

47 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Trains get vandalized all the time. No need for cops, and if this incident is any indication that the (A) and (C) shouldn’t get New equipment... I’ll totally understand. I’m surprised the (J) has R179’s that havent been damaged yet.

35 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

still in service rn or nah? Lol also, know if it’s heading to Far Rockaway?

Far Rockaway bound @ 80 St right now.

22 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

Great. i need a location update lol

If you still need it, It's a 207 St bound @ Grant Av

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, DaPr03 said:

If you still need it, It's a 207 St bound @ Grant Av

At 5:18 pm I’m hoping it shows up soon. I will wait for two A trains.

20 minutes ago, junjun441 said:

At 5:18 pm I’m hoping it shows up soon. I will wait for two A trains.

It should be on the cpw by now, just got off of it at 34th

6 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

It should be on the cpw by now, just got off of it at 34th

I got it on 59th street 5:42 PM! Next stop 125th! Going express!

Edited by junjun441

Okay.... That was weird... after leaving 125th, it jerked back pretty violently after accelerating. Probably an electrical gap over the first set of switches. Did anyone else feel that before on this set?

Anyways at 145th at 5:54 pm. 207th street bound. I’m going all the way to the end.

Edited by junjun441