R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

55 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I mean looking at things a bit closer it's evident that as the 10 car R179s hit service they could push the R46s elsewhere. They can still go to the (C) and have the (C) run R46s and 10 car R32s, move the 8 car R179s to ENY, and move the R160s to the (G) . Or the R46s can be kept as spares until the R211s come in. Either way, we have to see what happens when all the R179s arrive.

The MTA "opted against lengthening G trains, as originally planned" (AMNY).

The MTA confirmed this information to the media.

Click on this link to READ the article:

https://www.amny.com/transit/l-train-plans-1.27266740

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

The MTA "opted against lengthening G trains, as originally planned" (AMNY).

The MTA confirmed this information to the media.

Click on this link to READ the article:

https://www.amny.com/transit/l-train-plans-1.27266740

I already saw the article. And I never said the expansion for the (G) was still on the table. I also said COULD, not WILL move the R46s to displace the 8 car sets to make it full length. I'm saying that in the distant future I believe some R32s should stay around for lengthening the (C) at the very least. And this is plans for the (L) shutdown effective the end of April. Nothing said about the end of the year or rather by fall 2019, when all R179s should be on property.

Again, let's see what happens.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

1 hour ago, S78 via Hylan said:

Why is there such a push for 10-car R32s on the (C)? I’m sure if they wanted to do that, it would have happened already.

They didn't do it yet due to the R179 issues and etc. Once all the R179's are in then you'll probably see 10 car R32/179's with full length R46's. 

13 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I already saw the article. And I never said the expansion for the (G) was still on the table. I also said COULD, not WILL move the R46s to displace the 8 car sets to make it full length. I'm saying that in the distant future I believe some R32s should stay around for lengthening the (C) at the very least. And this is plans for the (L) shutdown effective the end of April. Nothing said about the end of the year or rather by fall 2019, when all R179s should be on property.

Again, let's see what happens.

I think the C and G will become full length. It's just a matter of when and how.

The MTA has been changing a lot of plans. 6 months ago we all thought that the C would have a full fleet of full length r46's by now and the 8 car r179's on the C caught a lot of people by surprise. So things are still subject, but I think that by the spring we'll get a better idea in terms of car assignments.

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

12 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Last month, the (MTA) confirmed that 162 R179 cars have been delivered, with only 128 in revenue passenger service. Recently, the lone 10-car set was placed into (A) service as of late.

162 cars = 3050-3069, 3074-3205, 3010-3019 delivered through December 28.  That's all confirmed.

Am unable to establish proof that there have been deliveries since then as yet.

If not, there's a hold--and more delays.

Has no one been keeping track of what times this thing leaves the terminals?  Chances are,  it's going to rum the same schedule every weekday.   This would not only allow us no know where the train is, but eliminate everyone asking all damn day!  You guys are railfans!  This is what railfans do!  Before the net, this is how we found trains. 

Terminals only.  We can use the actual published shcedule to make the timepoints along the line.  But someone has to say "hey,  it's thr blah blah blah out of 207. Amd keep track of it front there. 

Someone go back in this thread and find the times from Sunday so atleast this Sunday every other post won't be "where it's at? " 

Just now, danielhg121 said:

Has it been running the same schedule every wkday? I thought it followed a pattern...

Well that's what they usually do.  Twice this week I got to Rockaway from work passing it going to pitkin. They would have one schedule for weekdays,  one for Saturday and one for Sunday.  

49 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Has no one been keeping track of what times this thing leaves the terminals?  Chances are,  it's going to rum the same schedule every weekday.   This would not only allow us no know where the train is, but eliminate everyone asking all damn day!  You guys are railfans!  This is what railfans do!  Before the net, this is how we found trains. 

Terminals only.  We can use the actual published shcedule to make the timepoints along the line.  But someone has to say "hey,  it's thr blah blah blah out of 207. Amd keep track of it front there. 

Someone go back in this thread and find the times from Sunday so atleast this Sunday every other post won't be "where it's at? " 

I haven’t had the time to do that so that’s why I kept asking , you simply could’ve just ignored the question if you didn’t have the answer tf

Just now, Maxwell179 said:

I haven’t had the time to do that so that’s why I kept asking , you simply could’ve just ignored the question if you didn’t have the answer tf

That wasn't answering your question. That was asking the the forum in general. And there's plenty here who in a colaborative effort,  can do the work as a whole.  

Don't take things so personal. 

If you go back a page or two,  a few have stated that it's getting to the point where every other post is "where's the train now?". 

1 hour ago, Maxwell179 said:

Anyone know where the 10 car set is

Right about now if it's been consistant,  it's probably finishing it's last trip into Rockaway and leaving Mott as a lay-up to pitkin. 

Around not long passed this time, I've passed it twice this week leaving Rockaway OOS. 

When I respond to a post in particular,  I quote it, for future record. 

Edited by Far Rock Depot

3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Why not? As soon as all R179s are on property, there are more than enough cars to make at least 22 full length sets. Assuming all R42s and at least half of the R32s go, that's about 10 sets that can stay for the (C) . Might as well use them to their advantage.

Also remember that because Cuomo tampered with the (L) shutdown future assignments have to change up for now. As soon as all R179s hit service, hopefully the (C) can turn full length.

Yes but with the shutdown no longer a thing, there probably isn't a push to get full-length (C) trains. In that case, the (C) can continue to be a mix of R32s, R46s and R179s (8-car) while the 10-car R179s are exclusively on the (A) since, we can all agree, it needs them the most.

43 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

That wasn't answering your question. That was asking the the forum in general. And there's plenty here who in a colaborative effort,  can do the work as a whole.  

If you go back a page or two,  a few have stated that it's getting to the point where every other post is "where's the train now?". 

My fault I didn’t read the last 2 pages

43 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

2 minutes ago, Maxwell179 said:

Its all good.  

I am surprised what with all the heads that have rode the train,  report it's location and on the first few days,  rode the train up and down the line,  no one has compiled and posted the terminal departure times except for that first Sunday. 

Sunday

Lefferts Blvd to 207 St — 10:30 AM

207 St to Mott Av — 12:00 PM

Mott Av to 207 St — 2:05 PM

207 St to Lefferts Blvd — 4:10 PM

Weekday

Lefferts Blvd to 207 St — 6:33 AM

207 to Lefferts Blvd — 8:16 AM

Lefferts Blvd to 207 St — 10:11 AM

207 to Lefferts Blvd/Mott Av — 2:46 PM

Lefferts Blvd/Mott Av To 207 St — 3:25 PM

Mott Av to 207 St — 4:04 PM/4:30 PM

207 to Lefferts Blvd — 5:58 PM/6:35 PM

All the times the R179 (A) has been listed based on what you guys have said in the last two pages. The schedule is NOT exact and is just an estimate. The trains don't always leave at the same time every day, which is why I put a slash for the times on some trips. And those trips highlighted in red are impossible so that's a very uncertain time frame.

5 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

Sunday

Lefferts Blvd to 207 St — 10:30 AM

207 St to Mott Av — 12:00 PM

Mott Av to 207 St — 2:05 PM

207 St to Lefferts Blvd — 4:10 PM

Weekday

Lefferts Blvd to 207 St — 6:33 AM

207 to Lefferts Blvd — 8:16 AM

Lefferts Blvd to 207 St — 10:11 AM

207 to Lefferts Blvd/Mott Av — 2:46 PM

Lefferts Blvd/Mott Av To 207 St — 3:25 PM

Mott Av to 207 St — 4:04 PM/4:30 PM

207 to Lefferts Blvd — 5:58 PM/6:35 PM

All the times the R179 (A) has been listed based on what you guys have said in the last two pages. The schedule is NOT exact and is just an estimate. The trains don't always leave at the same time every day, which is why I put a slash for the times on some trips. And those trips highlighted in red are impossible so that's a very uncertain time frame.

^^^^^THIS!!!!!  

You're awesome!! 

Honestly, the reason why people are always saying "where's the R179 (A)?" is because they don't wanna be stuck waiting at a specific station for a long time just for the train to arrive/pass by, especially since the (A) is the longest line there is. But yeah, it does get annoying when the pages of this thread are cluttered with these types of statements. 

I have a few solutions to this problem:

-Waiting at Chambers St or Fulton St. It's in the middle of the line, so it'll take the same amount of times to catch it coming from Queens/Brooklyn and/or Inwood-207 St.

-Asking friendly transit personnel who work the (A) to get word of where it is/and its intervals.

-Riding an R46 or R32 (A) either uptown or downtown to see if it passes the R179 (A) heading in the opposite direction. If you see the R179 (A) heading in the aforementioned direction while on the R32/R46, you can get off at the next stop and chase after the former on another (A)

-Be patient and wait until the other 13 10-car sets are all delivered and placed into (A) service.