R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't bother with SubChat anymore Union. I'm glad I had a problem creating an account and never did.

While Terrapin screws things up, users like Elkeeper, Randyo, Tunnelrat, and others provide historical insight and knowledge that would never come from here. For example, I don't post here about 76th Street, or other provisions and such, but I post it there where there is knowledge of it, and where it won't be straight up denied. I won't let Terrapin let me leave.

Whine-berg doesn't know when to quit. You had to have seen that coming. He's always got some snarky comeback or something he just has to say.

He's basically every negative human trait balled up into one worthless package. He's an idiot, a liar, manipulative, egotistical, controlling, hypocritical, smug, rude, elitist and racist.

If the tube isn't fixed then the R32's can't run on the (B). There is no word on whats going on with the tubes. Plus they are gonna need cars for the (L) shutdown mainly for the (G) while the (M) will be covered by the extra R160's from the (L).

That's why i take this info with a grain of salt. I can see about 50-60 R32's at max being retired along with all the R42's. Even if they do go to the (B) if the tube issue is fixed (the ta bulletin states all R1/9,R32 and R42 equipment is banned from the Montague tubes until further notice. And R32/R42 equipment is banned on the (B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) and the returning (W) lines until further notice.) With the R32's MDBF being low you're gonna need atleast 140-150 cars max. 80-90 cars would be used while you have about 40-60 cars as spares. When the (C) was 100% R32 they used 144 cars out of 222 cars meaning they had 78 cars as spares and the (C) uses 8 cars. The (B) or any other line where ever the R32's go requires 10 cars. Even if they use 80 cars they'll still need 40-60 cars as spares due to the R32's MDBF, Shop time and etc. You can't run just 80 R32's without spares especially with the MDBF being low. Plus the (B) has a very high chance of getting R46's if Jamaica yard becomes all R160 by November.

Edited by R32 3671

Yes but usually the (B) gets suspended when something happens. The Montague tunnel should still get fixed in my opinion

Gotcha from an operation and scheduling standpoint the (B) supplements other services. I could have sworn someone said they couldn't run via Montague. Can't and choose not to very different. Reasoning behind me asking. 

Yes but usually the (B) gets suspended when something happens. The Montague tunnel should still get fixed in my opinion

The (B) to Whitehall has happened more times than you think. The last time it happened was actually a few weeks back during the watermain break at 59. The last two trains from Brighton Beach before being suspended was sent to Whitehall.

Is this discussion not in response to Woodside7878's (immensely confusing) post?

Yep I see the mixup. I was under the impression he was stating the (B) couldn't run via Montague because of rolling stock . I was a bit confused because the (D) has run to Whitehall. Thus my questions. I see the part of his statement talking about clearance as well. You're correct on that with the R32s. Just a bit of miscommunication is all. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk