R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

4-car R-179 deliveries seem to have petered out :(

I completely understand this. I just as badly want all the four-car R179s in service as you do.

However, even though I don't like to do this, we have to be patient. There's still plenty of wiggle room between today and the shutdown for all the R179s to be on property. 

23 minutes ago, Coney Island Av said:

I completely understand this. I just as badly want all the four-car R179s in service as you do.

However, even though I don't like to do this, we have to be patient. There's still plenty of wiggle room between today and the shutdown for all the R179s to be on property. 

That's true and don't be surprised if delivery is accelerated once all issues have been solved on the 10 car r179's.

There haven't been any posts regarding numbering of the 5-car sets, nor confirmation of them.

That said, 3010-3049 is likely still the same as before; I'm guessing the rest of them will be 3246-3325.  The only other possibility for them would be to start numbering backwards (2930-3049), which isn't likely given the MTA's option not to number over the R110Bs in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Bosco said:

There haven't been any posts regarding numbering of the 5-car sets, nor confirmation of them.

That said, 3010-3049 is likely still the same as before; I'm guessing the rest of them will be 3246-3325.  The only other possibility for them would be to start numbering backwards (2930-3049), which isn't likely given the MTA's option not to number over the R110Bs in the first place.

When I heard about the possibility of a renumbering I was thinking that possibly the ten cars from 3010-3049 got renumbered so that all ten cars were at the end and 3010-49 got filled with more 8 cars.

3010-3205 8 car, 3206-3325 10 car

On 9/21/2018 at 5:53 PM, VIP said:

Anyone else notice Less R143’s running on the (J) line?

Yep. Noticed this since last week. Seen only one set on the (J) today. It got layed up as soon it pulled into JC. Usually there's more 143s than 160s on the (J), now, it's the other way around.

Edited by trainfan22

On 9/24/2018 at 8:41 PM, Bosco said:

Well, you can confirm it now.  Nice read on the situation.