Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

Program Update effective 2/20/19

E70AE3B5-BCC7-4242-8958-215EA3B3E968.jpeg

2A3D4B44-9846-4D37-8FFE-88142B572B51.jpeg

844D9F11-6BFF-4B1B-A0AA-CEEF1E3D444B.jpeg

D143F871-E911-4F90-BF83-14B590D436A2.jpeg

018FCF27-0E25-47C4-8133-9E14E0160D65.jpeg

FCAB8EC7-FC4C-45EB-95CC-8F213A2E4F1E.jpeg

Message added by East New York

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Someone caught 3226 and another car in Fort Lee this morning...

 

 

 

look at those comments... I guess it's impossible to praise the (MTA) for anything anymore, even when they try to do things right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NYC subreddit doesn't do much besides complain about everything. It's kind of their thing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jcb said:

The NYC subreddit doesn't do much besides complain about everything. It's kind of their thing.

I posted a nice video of the 7 at sunset, and someone even joked when I mentioned appreciating the subway, saying "What would this sub do if it couldn't comment "tHaT pRoBaBlY sMeLlS lIkE pIsS" every day"

Edited by Enjineer
Actual quote from Reddit
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/21/2019 at 12:19 PM, Enjineer said:

I posted a nice video of the 7 at sunset, and someone even joked when I mentioned appreciating the subway, saying "What would this sub do if it couldn't comment "tHaT pRoBaBlY sMeLlS lIkE pIsS" every day"

They say all that nonsense, and I’m saying imagine if there was no mass transit at all.

Anyways, 10 car R179 delivery dates? Is it too soon to know?

Edited by junjun441
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually saw the 10 car doing simulated stop testing at Nostrand on Thursday

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jcb said:

I actually saw the 10 car doing simulated stop testing at Nostrand on Thursday

Where you able to catch the numbered set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, junjun441 said:

Where you able to catch the numbered set?

It has to be 3010-3019 as no other five-car sets were delivered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're looking for 3230-33 to come in this week (ends March 29).  Heads up at 207 & Pitkin.

Also rooting for the acceptance of 3214-21 sometime soon & the start of road testing for 3222-29.  Heads up on the (C).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, m2fwannabe said:

We're looking for 3230-33 to come in this week (ends March 29).  Heads up at 207 & Pitkin.

Also rooting for the acceptance of 3214-21 sometime soon & the start of road testing for 3222-29.  Heads up on the (C).

 

Anything on 3070-3073?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3230-33 are here (!!) as of Wed Mar 27 2019.  That should close out deliveries for March.

3010-19 reportedly have had issues addressed with the Automated Announcement System.  A Road Test is slated for this week, then (Maybe?) it goes back in service.

3218-21 have undisclosed (correctable) minor defects.  Testing with 3214-17 continues.

If things go well, 3222-29 should be wandering around on the system next week.

There is now only one more sequential 4-car delivery, presumably 3234-3237 by April 5, then (again presumably and finally) 3070-3073 by April 12 to complete that portion of the contract.

From there we will all hopefully learn more about the remaining 5-car sets for the (A).

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is 3070-3073 going to East New York or 207th? I think they should go to East New York. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, m2fwannabe said:

3230-33 are here (!!) as of Wed Mar 27 2019.  That should close out deliveries for March.

3010-19 reportedly have had issues addressed with the Automated Announcement System.  A Road Test is slated for this week, then (Maybe?) it goes back in service.

3218-21 have undisclosed (correctable) minor defects.  Testing with 3214-17 continues.

If things go well, 3222-29 should be wandering around on the system next week.

There is now only one more sequential 4-car delivery, presumably 3234-3237 by April 5, then (again presumably and finally) 3070-3073 by April 12 to complete that portion of the contract.

From there we will all hopefully learn more about the remaining 5-car sets for the (A).

 

What was wrong with 3010-3019's AAS system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VIP said:

So is 3070-3073 going to East New York or 207th? I think they should go to East New York.

No idea.  Hopefully, we'll know in a month.

But,

If you recall the R-142 delivery process, numbers meant nothing against assignments at first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

What was wrong with 3010-3019's AAS system?

Undergoing modifications.  Can't be more specific.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Fan Railer said:

4 more cars inbound tonight. Currently at the GWB. I believe 3234-3237.

Alright then the 8-Car order is complete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 6:45 PM, m2fwannabe said:

Undergoing modifications.  Can't be more specific.

Caught the 10-Car R179 A train at 168 Street bound for 207 St. Maybe they corrected whatever issues were happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, <6>PelhamExp said:

Caught the 10-Car R179 A train at 168 Street bound for 207 St. Maybe they corrected whatever issues were happening?

Apparently so.  May they live long--and prosper!  <Spock emoticon requested>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fan Railer said:

4 more cars inbound tonight. Currently at the GWB. I believe 3234-3237.

Well, they all can hang out at Pitkin Yard for now.  This once was the same way for "overflow" R-160 deliveries a decade ago.

Looks like all but those missing 4 will be on board in March. however.  Penalty compliance, perhaps?

Now we wait to see what shows up next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@whz1995 The WillyB has been underutilized for years due to speed restrictions as we have mentioned, so seeing bikers win is little surprising at this point, and the side effect of years of operational inefficiency.

*Additionally, this discussion on the (M) train and WillyB should probably be moved to the random thoughts or proposals thread. This thread is for R179 developments when it gets back on topic. 

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks
*Sorry if this may come across as backseat moderating...
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

@whz1995 The WillyB has been underutilized for years due to speed restrictions as we have mentioned, so seeing bikers win is little surprising at this point, and the side effect of years of operational inefficiency.

*Additionally, this discussion on the (M) train and WillyB should probably be moved to the random thoughts or proposals thread. This thread is for R179 developments when it gets back on topic. 

This is related to the r179's. ENY has enough r179's and r160's to allow an increase on the M.

The tricky part is how. Willy B has speed restrictions as a result of the deadly 1995 train crash and yes it can be fixed. However, safety is still #1 priority. Believe me the least thing anyone wants is another crash similar or worse than the 1995 crash, which btw is the last major subway crash in NYC and I clearly remember that terrible accident.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

*Additionally, this discussion on the (M) train and WillyB should probably be moved to the random thoughts or proposals thread. This thread is for R179 developments when it gets back on topic. 

This entire time I thought it was the proposals thread :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.