Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
East New York

R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

Program Update effective 2/20/19

E70AE3B5-BCC7-4242-8958-215EA3B3E968.jpeg

2A3D4B44-9846-4D37-8FFE-88142B572B51.jpeg

844D9F11-6BFF-4B1B-A0AA-CEEF1E3D444B.jpeg

D143F871-E911-4F90-BF83-14B590D436A2.jpeg

018FCF27-0E25-47C4-8133-9E14E0160D65.jpeg

FCAB8EC7-FC4C-45EB-95CC-8F213A2E4F1E.jpeg

Message added by East New York

Recommended Posts

On 5/7/2019 at 6:08 PM, subwaycommuter1983 said:

It seems the MTA is still figuring out how to make more money. Lol!!!

 

I’ll take it over advertising for “the competition” (aka, Uber and Lyft). Maybe we’ll see some more Upstate attractions too (there’s lots of them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Are all the R179's sidelined right now because of that pillar problem?

I saw them running on the C yesterday afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Are all the R179's sidelined right now because of that pillar problem?

I took them twice on (J)  and saw few sets running on (C) yesterday. I dont know about today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No in fact the R179 is on the Rockaway Shuttle this weekend. Just past Beach 36th Street heading to Rockaway Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MTABFan3746 said:

No in fact the R179 is on the Rockaway Shuttle this weekend. Just past Beach 36th Street heading to Rockaway Park.

Proof?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

These videos were recorded and posted yesterday by different people.

And it's still running on the J/Z.

 

Edited by subwaycommuter1983
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is indeed running the Rockaway shuttle this weekend.  I saw the same set a few mins later at Beach 44th St rock park bound. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

It is indeed running the Rockaway shuttle this weekend.  I saw the same set a few mins later at Beach 44th St rock park bound. 

Is it signed up as the (S) or the (A) ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

It is indeed running the Rockaway shuttle this weekend.  I saw the same set a few mins later at Beach 44th St rock park bound. 

the shuttle goes back and forth between far rock and rock beach right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Maxwell179 said:

the shuttle goes back and forth between far rock and rock beach right ?

Right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy how it was an debate a few days ago about weather or not NTT would run on the Rock Park shuttle this soon and here we are....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is probably because of construction making all (A) trains this weekend go to Lefferts Blvd. It was probably in the Rockaways and couldn't get back to Brooklyn so they used it as the Mott Av-Rockaway Park shuttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Crazy how it was an debate a few days ago about weather or not NTT would run on the Rock Park shuttle this soon and here we are....

 

 

 

I think they were debating that using NTT as long term shuttle. I wont be surprised that R179 runs on (D) or (F) as service changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also an R32 on the Rock Park Shuttle .. Pity tomorrow is gonna be a washout else this would have been the perfect weekend to spend out in the Rockaways.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happy283 said:

It is probably because of construction making all (A) trains this weekend go to Lefferts Blvd. It was probably in the Rockaways and couldn't get back to Brooklyn so they used it as the Mott Av-Rockaway Park shuttle.

Exactly. Otherwise, that R179 and that R32 wouldn't even be on the (H).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happy283 said:

It is probably because of construction making all (A) trains this weekend go to Lefferts Blvd. It was probably in the Rockaways and couldn't get back to Brooklyn so they used it as the Mott Av-Rockaway Park shuttle.

 

2 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

Exactly. Otherwise, that R179 and that R32 wouldn't even be on the (H).

Dont be so sure. They didn't get "stuck" in the rockaways before the construction started.  If they didn't want those sets out there,  they would have layed them up before the GO.  Those sets are being treated like any other set. It was decided to assign those sets to the Rockaway shuttle. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Far Rock Depot said:

 

Dont be so sure. They didn't get "stuck" in the rockaways before the construction started.  If they didn't want those sets out there,  they would have layed them up before the GO.  Those sets are being treated like any other set. It was decided to assign those sets to the Rockaway shuttle. 

Exactly. Since the A will have the 10 car r179's, it is expected to see them from time to time on the Rockaway shuttle, not only during track work, but also during regular days. The same will happen in the r211's in the future.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

Dont be so sure. They didn't get "stuck" in the rockaways before the construction started.  If they didn't want those sets out there,  they would have layed them up before the GO.  Those sets are being treated like any other set. It was decided to assign those sets to the Rockaway shuttle. 

Hehehehehe. Damn. Alright, you beat me lmao. I deadass didn't thought of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Far Rock Depot said:

 

Dont be so sure. They didn't get "stuck" in the rockaways before the construction started.  If they didn't want those sets out there,  they would have layed them up before the GO.  Those sets are being treated like any other set. It was decided to assign those sets to the Rockaway shuttle. 

It's a smart move too, hopefully this summer they can do the same. Have most of the R32's and 2 sets of R179's do shuttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, R32 3838 said:

It's a smart move too, hopefully this summer they can do the same. Have most of the R32's and 2 sets of R179's do shuttle.

Why would you waste your highest performance equipment on a short, infrequent set of runs? Them wanting them there this weekend shouldn't be taken as being indicative of them wanting them there in the long run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RR503 said:

Why would you waste your highest performance equipment on a short, infrequent set of runs? Them wanting them there this weekend shouldn't be taken as being indicative of them wanting them there in the long run. 

My guess would these past two weekends have not been indicative of the R179s being put on the Shuttle, but rather as a test of performance. How do they hold up being a weekend away from Pitkin, etc.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they're testing the set out there to see how well it can handle under primary Rockaway Power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.