R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

Is the (M) gonna see R179 in weekday service??

Nope, but it is possible that the M may borrow r179's from the J when it gets rerouted to Broadway Junction or if there is an issue with the J in Manhattan that would cause r179's to get rerouted as M trains to 6th Avenue and beyond, which is rare.

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

Does anyone know if 3170-3173 has ever came out for testing yet? I saw it Passing through Euclid Av last year in October, since I was not expecting it I only managed to get a decent pic out of it.Screenshot_20181101-145222_Video_Player.

Edited by Digital

36 minutes ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

Does the (C) really only have 1 R179 set? Because I've seen at least 3. Also, on the (A), I saw an R179! Transferred from the (C), (J), or (Z) maybe?

Nope. There are 11 trains that are R179 type with the other number as R32s (1/2 each)

3150-3237: All 4-car sets are in-service. 

The (A) , however is a new 10-car train (5-cars each). No transfer from the J/Z and C. 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, BrightlinerNewFlyer said:

Does the (C) really only have 1 R179 set? Because I've seen at least 3. Also, on the (A), I saw an R179! Transferred from the (C), (J), or (Z) maybe?

44 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Nope. There are 11 trains that are R179 type with the other number as R32s (1/2 each)

3150-3237: All 4-car sets are in-service. 

The (A) , however is a new 10-car train (5-cars each). No transfer from the J/Z and C. 

There are 2 sets on the A now to be exact. 

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Saw one of the 10 car r179's at 125th street going uptown, while I was heading southbound on an r179 C train at about 5:57 pm. Sharing the info in case anyone wants to catch it.

I believe that was 3238-3247. It was at Metrotech to Lefferts Blvd at 6:50PM