R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

The only reason why the (MTA) wants the (C) to use R179s and for East New York Yard to continue maintaining a third car type is because the (C) is the only line assigned R32s (depending on the season of course.....) and that the R143 fleet is a low order with only 212 cars (regardless, the (L) ridership still increased hugely and needed more trains besides the R143s and its 64 R160s) which had resulted in some R160s being sent for the (L) from the (J)(Z). Hence the R42s still running on the (J)(Z) to free up 48 R160s for the (L)...................

I wonder when are they going to install the (C) strip maps since they have a habit of putting the R143s on the (C)............................. <_<<_<<_<<_<<_<<_<

What is this now?? R143's on the C? In your wet dreams...

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't talk to me like that. That may go over easy with others, but not me....

You misread the posts and you are the one who started little man. Also, saying "Don't talk to me like that, it doesn't go that way with me!!" makes you a little coward talking big...Don't try to get this thread close.

BACK TO TOPIC!

RollOverMyHead, I've had a hard time understanding all of the many comments you've made about the NYC Subway fleet, and figuring out what your general point is...That's why I wanted your first thread to be locked...I think if you tried to make yourself a little bit more clear (and didn't contradict yourself, or explained why you were doing so), people would be less upset.

RollOverMyHead, I've had a hard time understanding all of the many comments you've made about the NYC Subway fleet, and figuring out what your general point is...That's why I wanted your first thread to be locked...I think if you tried to make yourself a little bit more clear (and didn't contradict yourself, or explained why you were doing so), people would be less upset.

I really hate Threxx...

But anyways, I just don't agree with what the (MTA) is planning and/or going to do with the NYC Subway fleet (especially the R143 (C) thing and even the (6)(7) swap). But its their trains and buses anyways and I'm just giving my thoughts of what they should have done in the first place if they knew things like the (L)'s increase ridership and the Astoria's increased need for Lower Manhattan were going to happen.

I'm just a railfan anyways, what do I know that the (MTA) would knew before railfans in the future would know?...

To me, what they had confirmed what they'll do if they do is just plain BS...I don't even know what point I'm missing, AlI I said is that whatever they do is their way because its their trains and buses, that's all.

But East New York said I'm still missing the point. What point?!?! I've already said what I had to say....As for Threxx, he needs to learn to not mess with others. I'm not the only one here making mistakes (if I am..). I just said I wonder when will the (MTA) install new strip maps for the (C) on the R143s since they confirmed these cars will go there as currently planned. Threxx gave me an attitude for no reason.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

The only reason why the (MTA) wants the (C) to use R179s and for East New York Yard to continue maintaining a third car type is because the (C) is the only line assigned R32s (depending on the season of course.....) and that the R143 fleet is a low order with only 212 cars (regardless, the (L) ridership still increased hugely and needed more trains besides the R143s and its 64 R160s) which had resulted in some R160s being sent for the (L) from the (J)(Z). Hence the R42s still running on the (J)(Z) to free up 48 R160s for the (L)...................

I wonder when are they going to install the (C) strip maps since they have a habit of putting the R143s on the (C)............................. <_<<_<<_<<_<<_<<_<

Perhaps Threxx and The Subway Station are referring to your post.

What is this now?? R143's on the C? In your wet dreams...

cb6fe651.gif

PLEASE.

Don't give me any shit, you started this entire fight.

I gotta go with RollOveMyHead on this one. Dante said that there is a very high possibility that R143s will go on the (C), and I can see how it works out clearly. R143s from the (L) go on the (C), R160s from the (J)(Z) go to the (L), and the R179s are left for the (A)(C)(J)(Z), and possibly the (B). That doesn't mean that R143s ain't going to the (C). DAMN. The man had a good point.

cb6fe651.gif

PLEASE.

I gotta go with RollOveMyHead on this one. Dante said that there is a very high possibility that R143s will go on the (C), and I can see how it works out clearly. R143s from the (L) go on the (C), R160s from the (J)(Z) go to the (L), and the R179s are left for the (A)(C)(J)(Z), and possibly the (B). That doesn't mean that R143s ain't going to the (C). DAMN. The man had a good point.

The "man" has also had some serious arguments for no reason. He could have respectfully corrected me, but he chose to start an argument. I started nothing...

cb6fe651.gif

PLEASE.

Thanks. Now he's coming out of nowhere saying that I had some serious arguments for no reason, I just disagreed. Point blank. Who cares about Threxx anyway...He can say whatever he wants. Of course we all have rights to agree or disagree...Threxx doesn't control our rights so he shouldn't even be taken seriously (not even at all since he mistreats people..).

And Threxx, you started an argument by going "What is this now?? R143s on the C? In your wet dreams!" instead of saying something like "Why should R143s go on the C? That doesn't make sense." to which I would have corrected you nicely. I am not going to waste my time arguing with your dumb ass. I am done here. And if nobody can't explain what I just said in that post is wrong, by all means don't start making such lies about me. Thanks.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Excuse my French, but this shit stops right now! Im not about to sit here and argue about where the hell trains that aren't even built yet will be going. So, if you guys cant have a civil conversation, I will delete every damn post back to mine..... Get over it, and get on with it. As I said already, the (Q)has enough cars already for the SAS extesion, and when MTA increased the order 300 cars, previsions were made for the (T). As far as the R143's go, read that post again. No one said they were going to the (C), as I said it was an internal discussion, and it was tossed around.

When I start suspending accounts, do ask why...... If I have to redirect this conversation one more time, I will just start deleting posts with no questions asked. I don't have time to argue with children who have no full concept about what goes on within the (MTA).

Like I said earlier. People don't understand words like "possibility, preliminary, subject to change, idea tossed around" and so on. They see "R143s _______ go to the C" and run with it. It's like in the mobile tech blogs where everyone says "BlackBerry is going out of business" when they're coming out with new generation devices in January as a matter of fact. No one reads the whole story. Just selective words.

On to the subject, I wanna know what improvements they may incorporate to the FINDs, if they're choosing to.

I don't see the R143's leaving the (L) line,ENY has 208 R143 cars.that isn't enough for (C) service and you would need over 300 R179 cars to cover (J)(Z) service.the (B) line won't see any new subway cars until the R68/A cars retire.

Naturally the 143s won't be flooding the C if it happens. It's probably just going to be filling in the gaps the 179s leave. According from the inside-and please correct me if I'm explaining this wrong-179s are going to the Fulton line. That's the A and C. The whole 143 fleet, if they do follow thru on this plan, won't be leaving the L. That's another factor some of you need to see. It's not the whole fleet. Car assignment changes don't necessarily mean it's entire fleet. its usually just what's needed and may or may not also make up the yard's extras.

Excuse my French, but this shit stops right now! Im not about to sit here and argue about where the hell trains that aren't even built yet will be going. So, if you guys cant have a civil conversation, I will delete every damn post back to mine..... Get over it, and get on with it. As I said already, the (Q) has enough cars already for the SAS extesion, and when MTA increased the order 300 cars, previsions were made for the (T). As far as the R143's go, read that post again. No one said they were going to the (C), as I said it was an internal discussion, and it was tossed around.

When I start suspending accounts, do ask why...... If I have to redirect this conversation one more time, I will just start deleting posts with no questions asked. I don't have time to argue with children who have no full concept about what goes on within the (MTA).

People just don't f*ckin read these days. POST POST POST is all that happens. Don't even read the facts of the matter.

Like I said earlier. People don't understand words like "possibility, preliminary, subject to change, idea tossed around" and so on. They see "R143s _______ go to the C" and run with it. It's like in the mobile tech blogs where everyone says "BlackBerry is going out of business" when they're coming out with new generation devices in January as a matter of fact. No one reads the whole story. Just selective words.

On to the subject, I wanna know what improvements they may incorporate to the FINDs, if they're choosing to.

Exactly. Thats the way it seems to go these days. People are so ready to reply they don't even take their time to read the post. I don't know if they are going to the (C). You don't know either. Seems like no one understands what a f*ckin possibility is. If people see the terms "R143" and "(C)" they immediately start to assume shit, which leads to the war on the previous page, which then leads to this. People need to f*ckin open their eyes before they post.