R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

Just a note, I only said that the (MTA) has a habit of putting R143s because they had confirm that its possible due to the reasons already mentioned by others here but never did I said that they will run those cars on the (C). I only gave my rouge disagreements about their possible plans and that's all. Just checking and saying.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note, I only said that the (MTA) has a habit of putting R143s because they had confirm that its possible due to the reasons already mentioned by others here but never did I said that they will run those cars on the (C).

It is possible,but they've never ran any R143s on the (C) line.

What does Jamaica even have anything to do with the R179's. All I see happening is the A gets R179's with some going on the C and have some R46's return back to Jamaica. The R will probably be all R46's again and the R160 will again be for the E and F only.

To me the only way the C will get R160A1's from The J and Z line is if the J and Z are suppose to get a lot of the R179's. Or maybe if the MTA decides to retire some of the poor hard worked R46's from the A Train.

And why is everyone saying that C.I needs new cars. Who ever says that are haters of the R68's. The R68's have another 18 to 20 years left in service. The main focus is the A and C lines who are using 48 year old cars.

Wow, I leave a week and this happens (about the fight)? Anyway, I think it's safe to say the R42s will all go once the R179s goes to ENY. And I would not be surprised if the R179s went to the (L) (R143/179 only) and those displaced R160s are given to the (J)(M) lines.*

As for the (C), I still hope they get the 10-car sets or the (A) gets all the R179s and the (C) gets R46s to bump off some R32s or to cover for the R46s that are supposedly going to SI (to replace their R44s).

*I think that had the (M) not replaced the (V) in Queens, I don't think the current combined route would've needed as many trains as it needs and thus those R42s might've been out of ENY much sooner (either as scrap or on the (A) ).

Edited by Grand Concourse

The R32's and 42's are going, for sure. That's not being questioned. I think this is probably going to happen:

The (L) won't get any 179's... why would it need them? So what if the (J) and (Z) have a mixed fleet?

The (C) is getting the 179's, the (MTA) has said, but that will probably change to this:

The (J) and (Z) will get their 48 R179's, and the rest will go to the (A) to displace the R46's to the (C) and to the SIR. This way, the (C) gets slightly better cars and full length trains, while the express (A) gets newer cars to work with.

The R32's and 42's are going, for sure. That's not being questioned. I think this is probably going to happen:

The (L) won't get any 179's... why would it need them? So what if the (J) and (Z) have a mixed fleet?

The (C) is getting the 179's, the (MTA) has said, but that will probably change to this:

The (J) and (Z) will get their 48 R179's, and the rest will go to the (A) to displace the R46's to the (C) and to the SIR. This way, the (C) gets slightly better cars and full length trains, while the express (A) gets newer cars to work with.

The (L) has a mixed fleet as well, thus it wouldn't matter if it got the 2 different fleet types and the (J)(M) was all 1 fleet type, imo.

I dunno, somehow I don't see even this order replacing the R32s. I'm not saying R32s are gonna last forever, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few of them hanging around. R46s maybe younger, but I'm sure the MTA could be better off using a few of them as parts rather than to keep all of them working.

The immaturity of posters will forever puzzle me. Who gives a rat's ass where these trains go? As long as they go somewhere and run fine, it's not that big of a deal. Everything up to this point has been speculation. And once again, I come back after a short break and I see two more pages of complete bull. Doesn't matter who started what. This is ridiculous. It's going to be a miracle the day the R179s are placed into service and all speculation about these cars is put to an end, but then I guess of course, there are still the R211s to foam about. >.>

The immaturity of posters will forever puzzle me. Who gives a rat's ass where these trains go? As long as they go somewhere and run fine, it's not that big of a deal. Everything up to this point has been speculation. And once again, I come back after a short break and I see two more pages of complete bull. Doesn't matter who started what. This is ridiculous. It's going to be a miracle the day the R179s are placed into service and all speculation about these cars is put to an end, but then I guess of course, there are still the R211s to foam about. >.>

This thread is goin to hell pretty much. I just don't know what to say anymore.

It will forever puzzle you if you think complaining and really trolling about it is going to fix anything...As I do pretty much agree with you on most of the things you said, but this is also a PUBLIC forum. As East New York said, if we can't have a civil discussion then there's no point of this thread what so ever.

All we needed is to just calm down, be clear in a nicely way, talk about the R179s themselves instead of talking about which subway line and yard they should be assign to, and knock off with rambling yes.

As all agruments are put aside and discussion becomes better and peacefully, everybody's happy. As members of a public forum, we don't decide who derserves respect and who doesn't. Earning respect is, just like in reality. No one can't put anyone down nor do we have to grow up and understand that you're right. As long as we learn and bring each other to the top, things will be better.

That way would be much less rambling/unclear contracting and logic answers in public. Just my takes..

Edited by RollOverMyHead

It will forever puzzle you if you think complaining and really trolling about it is going to fix anything...As I do pretty much agree with you on most of the things you said, but this is also a PUBLIC forum. As East New York said, if we can't have a civil discussion then there's no point of this thread what so ever.

If you think I'm trolling with my previous post, then you have something else coming to you my friend. I'm just pointing out a sad fact of public forums. And it seems that my "complaining and trolling" IS in fact getting something done, but that will have to stand the test of the next flame war over car assignments. If there isn't one between current members, then the post has accomplished its task.

Back to the R179s. As it seems that there haven't been any real scraps of news lately, someone needs to enlighten me on why this thread is so popular again.

A recap of the information that we already know:

-300 car order (broken down into a majority of 5 car sets, as sourced by a reliable place)

-Bombardier built

-MITRAC powered

-3xxx? series

-Scheduled to arrive around the 2014-2016 timeframe

Anything beyond this is speculation.

If you think I'm trolling with my previous post, then you have something else coming to you my friend. I'm just pointing out a sad fact of public forums. And it seems that my "complaining and trolling" IS in fact getting something done, but that will have to stand the test of the next flame war over car assignments. If there isn't one between current members, then the post has accomplished its task.

-___________ - Anyways........ <_<

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Thank goodness that this is the time for R42 will be going . I am use to riding R32 , but R42 no. I will miss the R32 not R42. R42 is 1959 classic. i maybe wrong.

The R42 was ordered in the early 70's and the R32 in the late 60's... :/

There are no cars left from the 50's lol... you'd be able to tell. For example. NO A/C...

The (L) has a mixed fleet as well, thus it wouldn't matter if it got the 2 different fleet types and the (J)(M) was all 1 fleet type, imo.

I dunno, somehow I don't see even this order replacing the R32s. I'm not saying R32s are gonna last forever, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few of them hanging around. R46s maybe younger, but I'm sure the MTA could be better off using a few of them as parts rather than to keep all of them working.

Ive been saying the same thing, but Its best to keep quiet on the R32 part, you should know now that the R32's are the most hated cars amd once they leave these same clowns will be whining oh i wish the R32's would have stayed and etc., a train is a train, a good chuck of r32's are gonna stay anyway mainly for B divison work service so let THEM whine and bicth, at the end of the day the R32 gets the last laugh

Edited by R32 3838

Ive been saying the same thing, but Its best to keep quiet on the R32 part, you should know now that the R32's are the most hated cars amd once they leave these same clowns will be whining oh i wish the R32's would have stayed and etc., a train is a train, a good chuck of r32's are gonna stay anyway mainly for B divison work service so let whine and bicth, at the end of the day the R32 gets the last laugh

lolwut

The R42 was ordered in the early 70's and the R32 in the late 60's... :/

There are no cars left from the 50's lol... you'd be able to tell. For example. NO A/C...

R42's 1969-71

R32 1964-5

lolwut

You should read what I wrote, instead of being imature