R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

21 hours ago, T to Dyre Avenue said:
On 1/25/2020 at 3:05 PM, VIP said:

Chairman Foye isn’t  gonna let that happen. 

And then Cuomo will try to force him out like he did with Byford?

Well and then even as the most Genius as he truly is <<:rolleyes:>> Governor Cuomo will not be able to personally operate the entire MTA by all himself...I know his Greatness has tried that very thing, no?

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The (A) had tons of R179s today I couldn't even keep count LOL and the (C) had a good amount today as well that line actually  had way more then I thought because I seen a couple of R32s today on the (C) and lots of R179s back on the (C) which I'm happy about I'm glad the (C) has them again now the (A) ahh man that line barely had R46s today I've seen lots of R179s on the line and some R46s on the (A) and not one R32 on the (A) today that line is slowly and slowly going back to normal very good. For the (J) I only seen a few R179s today on the line I was really happy to see the (J) touch them again so yea there was a couple of R143s and ofc R160s overall  I had some fun fanning all those 3 lines.

2 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

The (A) had tons of R179s today I couldn't even keep count LOL and the (C) had a good amount today as well that line actually  had way more then I thought because I seen a couple of R32s today on the (C) and lots of R179s back on the (C) which I'm happy about I'm glad the (C) has them again now the (A) ahh man that line barely had R46s today I've seen lots of R179s on the line and some R46s on the (A) and not one R32 on the (A) today that line is slowly and slowly going back to normal very good. For the (J) I only seen a few R179s today on the line I was really happy to see the (J) touch them again so yea there was a couple of R143s and ofc R160s overall  I had some fun fanning all those 3 lines.

I tried getting an R32 on the (A) today, and saw basically the same thing. Both the (A) and (C) had a healthy amount of R179s.

I might try again on Wednesday or Thursday during rush hour, as today I waited during the midday when the (A) has kind of pathetic service (a 15 minute headway to each branch).

5 hours ago, Abba said:

I did a little railfanning now .  So far I’ve I see 3 (A)  and 1 (C) all of which was R179

Afterwards I saw a R46 (A) then I took a R32 (C) back One stop to my station. Then I saw I think 2 more R179 (C) and 1 or 2 more (A) 179 plus a NIS R46 (A) 

11 hours ago, Ultimategamer12c said:

Caught an R179 train on the (Z) at Canal this morning. Car 3110. Also saw one leave Chambers northbound on the (J) with car 3070 bringing up the rear. The doors did appear to close a bit faster than before.

9 hours ago, P3F said:

I tried getting an R32 on the (A) today, and saw basically the same thing. Both the (A) and (C) had a healthy amount of R179s.

I might try again on Wednesday or Thursday during rush hour, as today I waited during the midday when the (A) has kind of pathetic service (a 15 minute headway to each branch).

there’s one at bway jct right now heading to 207

Edited by Maxwell179

I noticed on some mornings they use a mix of R32s or R179s on the (C) and R46s and R179s on the (A). the 179s usually head uptown in the AM for both lines from what I've seen, except yesterday I noticed like 4-5 on the (C) and 3 on the (A). 

To clear up the questions regarding the whereabouts of the R32s and R179s being used on the lines they're currently more-or-less assigned to (as I've seen on the previous pages), only 130 cars (13 ten-car trains) of R179s make up the remaining portion of the (A)'s fleet. The vast majority of the (A)'s fleet is still R46s. With the current gradual R32 phase-out, all you'll see is R46s and R179s on the (A). The (C) is still half NTTs (before R160s and now R179s).