R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, j express said:

Stop acting like you know everything. 

Who the hell is acting!? And why are you so pressed?  I work for the agency-I provide what I can. Not once have I made a claim that “I know everything” grow up, and find a real hobby, because this ain’t it. 

9 minutes ago, VIP said:

Who the hell is acting!? And why are you so pressed?  I work for the agency-I provide what I can. Not once have I made a claim that “I know everything” grow up, and find a real hobby, because this ain’t it. 

Because the main problem with you (personally to me) is that you can be confusing at times with your posts so it’s kinda difficult on who’s side to root for. It also makes you come off as very hypocritical. In general, even when we have disagreements, we’re suppose to be on the same page regardless so nobody is confused and scratching their heads. First you say the R160s will not go anywhere besides the lines they currently run on, then you say “oh never mind yes some will be moved elsewhere”, then you say the (F) will return to its regular weekday schedule come Monday. If the (F) is going to return to its regular weekday schedule come Monday, why are there currently some R160s at Rockaway Park Yard then? There are other (MTA) employees here as well as non- (MTA) employees who are saying the same thing or just have credible sources in general.

That’s the point...

15 minutes ago, VIP said:

No offense but there were two instances where another poster and I said something about current changes and you said that's not happening only for you to be proven wrong a couple posts later.

30 minutes ago, VIP said:

That's the problem. You are too thick skulled and arrogant to see the truth.  This is not the first time some actual TO had to call you out. 

41 minutes ago, Jemorie said:

Because the main problem with you (personally to me) is that you can be confusing at times with your posts so it’s kinda difficult on who’s side to root for. It also makes you come off as very hypocritical. In general, even when we have disagreements, we’re suppose to be on the same page regardless so nobody is confused and scratching their heads. First you say the R160s will not go anywhere besides the lines they currently run on, then you say “oh never mind yes some will be moved elsewhere”, then you say the (F) will return to its regular weekday schedule come Monday. If the (F) is going to return to its regular weekday schedule come Monday, why are there currently some R160s at Rockaway Park Yard then? There are other (MTA) employees here as well as non- (MTA) employees who are saying the same thing or just have credible sources in general.

That’s the point...

There will probably be slightly reduced service south of Church Av (some additional trains may terminate at Church Av) and not as many trains will depart from Avenue X. The (F) frequency might be every 5 minutes instead of every 4.

5 hours ago, happy283 said:

Is that number expected to rise? How many siemens sets have been transferred and where are they currently?

Happy283:  You are asking questions that cannot be answered on this board unless the person answering is an RTO Superintendant.  Just settle down and wait till Monday morning and see what happens just like everyone else.  Is it an ego thing that you have to be the first person to know?  This is a very fluid situation at to what runs where and how long it will be.

31 minutes ago, j express said:

That's the problem. You are too thick skulled and arrogant to see the truth.  This is not the first time some actual TO had to call you out. 

I get that some of you have no girlfriends or real life responsibilities that doesn’t enable you to sit behind a screen and try to follow everything transit as if it’s a cure to cancer. Nobody called me out, if I’m incorrect, then so be it. There’s erasers on pencils and there’s white out for ink. Nobody sat and thought, maybe he was misinformed. Nobody sat and thought, things are really subject to change especially last minute contingency plans. Finally those of you acting like virtual wifi keyboard thugs, grow up, go outside and get fresh air. There’s people dying out there NEEDLESSLY if you wanna be mad about something...

Edited by VIP

Alright guys come on stop arguing. We all share a passion of transit and railfanning and everyone posts info here based on information that is available to the public or if they have family, friends that work for transit. As of now, I think its evident that R160s will likely run on the (A) next week since a few sets were transferred from CI to Rockaway Park. Since phase 1 beings Monday, subway service will return to full capacity but I don't think you will see 3 (F) trains in a row bound for 179 st or 3 (A) trains in a row bound for 207th, etc. Right now, trains run every 8 minutes so I'm guessing they may downgrade it to 6. Someone can correct me on the headways if I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Fuseguy is Cool said:

Alright guys come on stop arguing. We all share a passion of transit and railfanning and everyone posts info here based on information that is available to the public or if they have family, friends that work for transit. As of now, I think its evident that R160s will likely run on the (A) next week since a few sets were transferred from CI to Rockaway Park. Since phase 1 beings Monday, subway service will return to full capacity but I don't think you will see 3 (F) trains in a row bound for 179 st or 3 (A) trains in a row bound for 207th, etc. Right now, trains run every 8 minutes so I'm guessing they may downgrade it to 6. Someone can correct me on the headways if I'm wrong. 

Check out these videos that DJ Hammers posted on YouTube confirming that the r32's will run on the J again and the A getting r160's until the r179 situation is resolved.

As of yesterday, the R179s from the (J) line were not affected......

Also according to the MTA website,  there will be a school closed weekday schedule in effect starting on Monday....

Edited by SubBus

10 minutes ago, Collin said:

Why wouldn't the R179's on the (J) be affected?  What is different about them compared to the ones on the (A)(C)?

I'm not sure, but as of yesterday there were R179 sets still running on the (J)

Edited by SubBus

7 minutes ago, SubBus said:

I'm not sure, but as of yesterday there were R179 sets still running on the (J)

Are you sure it was in service. I know R179s have been transferred out if their usual yards to make room for the spare cars.

18 minutes ago, Collin said:

Why wouldn't the R179's on the (J) be affected?  What is different about them compared to the ones on the (A)(C)?

I guess they are trying to do the inspections gradually. Once, they finish inspecting the r179's on the A/C, then they continue the inspection with the r179's on the J. That's just a theory. The MTA needs to check every single r179 to make sure there is no more issues.

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

9 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I guess they are trying to do the inspections gradually. Once, they finish inspecting the r179's on the A/C, then they continue the inspection with the r179's on the J. That's just a theory. The MTA needs to check every single r179 to make sure there is no more issues.

But why would they continue running them if they havent been inspected yet? Doesnt seem like the safest idea.

53 minutes ago, happy283 said:

But why would they continue running them if they havent been inspected yet? Doesnt seem like the safest idea.

I agree. I guess the MTA is either trying to avoid service disruptions or they are trying to limit the use of r32's due to health concerns. Conductors have to switch cars in the r32's, so that may lead to virus exposure.

Let's see what happens on Monday, when we get a much better sense on the contingency plan for the r179's.

In my opinion, with the r32's the MTA can use plastic similar to the ones used in buses to prevent commuters from seating next to both sides of the conductors cab

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

5 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I agree. I guess the MTA is either trying to avoid service disruptions or they are trying to limit the use of r32's due to health concerns. Conductors have to switch cars in the r32's, so that may lead to virus exposure.

Let's see what happens on Monday, when we get a much better sense on the contingency plan for the r179's.

I know the conductors positions have been roped off similar to that on buses to help keep riders away from conductors. Also, stations on the Jamaica Line are primarily on one side of the train so conductors would not need to change cars often.

Edited by happy283