R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, A bit of an update for you all. Everyone can argue with me as usual if you want, but I was told by someone that the news reports exaggerated the delivery timetable of the R179's just a bit. However, because MTA rejected the pilot (as I told you all they would) so anything is possible. As of right now this is what we are looking at. 

Money going into the program in 2016, a gap in 2017, and additional funding in 2018 and 2019 indicates the pilot may come sometime late next year, test throughout 2017, and begin delivery sometime in 2018. Not 2020.

image2.jpg

Ok, A bit of an update for you all. Everyone can argue with me as usual if you want, but I was told by someone that the news reports exaggerated the delivery timetable of the R179's just a bit. However, because MTA rejected the pilot (as I told you all they would) so anything is possible. As of right now this is what we are looking at. 

Money going into the program in 2016, a gap in 2017, and additional funding in 2018 and 2019 indicates the pilot may come sometime late next year, test throughout 2017, and begin delivery sometime in 2018. Not 2020.

image2.jpg

Are you sure this isn't R211 related?

They're bound to replace the rest of the R32s & R42s. The R46s I believe if I'm correct or not are going to be replaced by the R211s. The R68/As aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

But, since the R32s specifically will remain another several years with the R179 delivery process, they're replace what's left of the R42s and the rest I can only speculate on.

Edited by jon2305

They're bound to replace the rest of the R32s & R42s. The R46s I believe if I'm correct or not are going to be replaced by the R211s. The R68/As aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

some or all R32s will stay to increase the size of the fleet for SAS and service frequency increases

In the history of MTA car orders, weren't car orders suppose to be delivered in order of their numbers like R62 first, then R62A, then R68?

The R142s and R142As were coming in at the same time, the plot trains of both sets came in like 99, and both started taking over the (2) & (6) lines at the same time in 2000. There was a point where the TA was getting new 142s, 142As and 143s cars at the same time!