East 180th St. Signboards

Q85Rosedale

I wanted to ask why is it on the BRONX bound middle track platform at East 180th Street, the signboards are for the wrong direction.

The signs displayed are for the Manhattan bound (stating how the (5) Runs express in the morning rush hour to manhattan and flatbush. etc) platform.

Shouldn't the signs state (2) to Wakefield-241 Street since the (2) usually comes in on the middle track at East 180th during evening rush hours and (5) Shuttle to Eastchester. I'm not sure if the (2) still goes on the middle track during evenings, but I know it was doing it at some point last year.

Thanks

AFAIKO, The middle track at East 180th Street is used only during weekday rush hours by the (5) Bronx Thru Express and late nights by the (5) Dyre Avenue Shuttle.

During the prior configuration of the area pre-construction, during PM rush hours only the NB (2) indeed was usually on M track, along with the NB <5> to Nereid. The (5) to Dyre stopped on the outside. The services used the switches south of the station between 180th and Tremont, and usually connections were made at the station itself. The (2) used the switch just south of Bx. Pk East to make a stop, the <5> went express up the middle to Gun Hill unless instructed otherwise, and the (5) had a straight lineup to Dyre.

Archived