R68 On The (F)

Sea Beach

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yes, they are watching us.. In 2010, Harry linked me to a PDF document from NYC DOT, which contained some of my bus photos and linked to NYCTF..

http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/dot/downloads/pdf/34thst_aa_chap6_references.pdf

Page 6-1 u will see NYCTFs url..

Everyones gotta be careful... becuz someday a ban on photography will go on, and/or (MTA) will bring in something against rail/bus buffs within there system.

This is why i dont fan NYC Subway as much... To much junk going on. =_=

The (MTA) tried to put a ban on photography,but that failed.

All im saying its sad what these railfans do. They go to great lengths to get a pic of a train and do stupid things to get the shot. It doesnt make any sense what so ever, and I dont understand it. Maybe they want to be cool, but what was accomplished? Nothing, but "oh great shot".

This is why alot of T/Os bash out on railfans and I dont blame them. Why cant these foamers just take the shot and move on. It is so sad. There are females out there, and a whole lot of things out there to do. Get a job, find friends ect ect.

Its a train for crying out loud. I know alot of railfans that are not this way.

It just doesnt make any sense, and its sad.

Excellent points, that and the rollsign changing, there's no mysteries as to whats there anymore, all the data for these signs is out there on the internet, there's no need to scroll around to see whats there or to play pretend that a certain car type is running an impossible route somewhere else. Its up to us to make sure we all our doing the right thing and playing by the rules before the MTA comes down on us and condems us as a whole because of the actions of a few foamers.

If I see anyone on one of my rail-fan trips that I organize changing signs and going on the tracks, I will speak up and tell you to knock it off or I will tell a conductor. Its up to us to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and show them that we are a civilized hobby.

I don't really know, I know the (D) line supt. flipped out when rerouted (N) trains came into Stillwell signed up as a (D). Other then that I don't know the reason, but like many things in the TA, who needs a reason for anything?

Wow........

Even if they were to sign it up as an (N) at lets say, after it were to leave Bay 50, can they still get in trouble?

All im saying its sad what these railfans do. They go to great lengths to get a pic of a train and do stupid things to get the shot. It doesnt make any sense what so ever, and I dont understand it. Maybe they want to be cool, but what was accomplished? Nothing, but "oh great shot".

This is why alot of T/Os bash out on railfans and I dont blame them. Why cant these foamers just take the shot and move on. It is so sad. There are females out there, and a whole lot of things out there to do. Get a job, find friends ect ect.

I agree with Jon, as much as the MTA may know who these troublemakers are, it's up to those of us with at least a BRAIN to keep the idiots from doing the illegal stuff just because it gives them wet dreams thinking about it, like come the f--k on man, grow up

Couldnt have said it any better

I agree with Jon, as much as the MTA may know who these troublemakers are, it's up to those of us with at least a BRAIN to keep the idiots from doing the illegal stuff just because it gives them wet dreams thinking about it, like come the f--k on man, grow up

They also know who changes rollsigns...*cough*

This does apply to subways since, idk of rollsign changing in Railroads. Nor do i see a lot of illegal activity with the exception of trespassers at times.

But for the bold, They bash on the wrong as well. Not everyone does crazy illegal junk in the system, Those who take photos and leave they are ok but still receive a bashing at times. Thanks to those who violate Transit/Railroad regulations.

Yea on the (:P a lot sometimes it has an Orange (Q) sign or Yellow/Diamond (:P although the rollsigns destination is correct the route is bullet is not.

As for the R-32's some signs may say <C> 8 Av/Conc/Fulton I believe instead of (C).

that could be the crew just turning it the wrong way and just stopping on any B or Q that they get that they need, since if they turn it one way they get the orange Q after D, and if they go the other way theyll wind up getting hte yellow Q

I just love the continued bashing right after a Administrator said they sent the (D) via the (F). While this looks suspicious, it could be a possibility. I've seen T/O's on 145 changing a (D) to a (:P many times before.

I just love the continued bashing right after a Administrator said they sent the (D) via the (F). While this looks suspicious, it could be a possibility. I've seen T/O's on 145 changing a (D) to a (B) many times before.

Yea D to a B because it might be going on the D. But a R68 F!? Really I mean why only change the back the T/O would change the Front not the back :P. When you see a R46 R train deadhead on 4th avenue during rush hour in the front it says "not in service" while in the back it says (R). T/O's don't change the back rollsigns... PERIOD!

Yea D to a B because it might be going on the D. But a R68 F!? Really I mean why only change the back the T/O would change the Front not the back :P. When you see a R46 R train deadhead on 4th avenue during rush hour in the front it says "not in service" while in the back it says (R). T/O's don't change the back rollsigns... PERIOD!

I know T/O's dont change the rear signs. I once saw an R46 (R) pull out of woodhaven blvd and the rear sign say "Not In service" while it was. I bet it just came out of the yard (L)O(L).:cool:

Well that is true, this is fishy considering the Forest Hills episode. I would have taken a picture the front before anything. But hell, this is (MTA) anything is possible. I remember that Vinny and Trevor both caught a OOS R68/A? signed up as a (H) on the Brighton line.

Well that is true, this is fishy considering the Forest Hills episode. I would have taken a picture the front before anything. But hell, this is (MTA) anything is possible. I remember that Vinny and Trevor both caught a OOS R68/A? signed up as a (H) on the Brighton line.

That is true and in the front I think it said (K) but were talking about a train in service. In my opinion with his photos before of a R160 (:P and a (N) to 71st Avenue were taken in the SAME PLACE, I don't really trust him anymore...

Forest Hills was done by my C/R friend.........

Yes we did, (K) on the front, (H) on the back. The T/O even said to us that he had an (H) in the back when he passed us by, so some do change back rollsigns.......

Forest Hills was done by my C/R friend.........

Yes we did, (K) on the front, (H) on the back. The T/O even said to us that he had an (H) in the back when he passed us by, so some do change back rollsigns.......

you mean (N) to 71? heh heh I want to find that T/O again (or the one I found at chambers Street who changed it right away) to a (V) or (W). Im trying to get hold of a (V) via culver if they have it, or an (F) via Culver Express @ 179 St.:P

you mean (N) to 71? heh heh I want to find that T/O again (or the one I found at chambers Street who changed it right away) to a (V) or (W). Im trying to get hold of a (V) via culver if they have it, or an (F) via Culver Express @ 179 St.:P

You... should really stop foaming over signs.

You... should really stop foaming over signs.

no changing signs either with that makeshift key you have :P

Best posts in this page so far.

Im not foaming! how many times do I have to make that clear.

B):cry:

Stop lying to yourself and everyone else here.

need to explain: The key i have needs to be repaired. I lost the end part to it. I cant change signs anymore.

But I will still try to find nice T/O's to change the R160/R142 signs for me so I can catch shots. last Saturday I caught a T/O that I asked if he would change the signs. He then asked "you want to take pics"? I said yeah, he put a (:P right up.

further again Im not changing any signs no more. I don't have the key. So please, stop over this nonsense.

and please, hell no do I want to see anything like the R68A <Q> thread ever again. So lets try to keep it straight guys- Im NOT going to mess around with the signs anymore.

Archived