Plan 4 In Effect since 1100 hrs..

RTOMan

Basically all express service is suspended (as if it makes a difference lately >.>)

THey use the express tracks to store extra trains i believe.

Usually that occurs in the outer boroughs.

In Manhattan they'll keep the trains express although I've noticed they lay up trains on the Sixth Avenue Express tracks. I guess two extra stops won't really make much of a difference....

In Manhattan they'll keep the trains express although I've noticed they lay up trains on the Sixth Avenue Express tracks. I guess two extra stops won't really make much of a difference....

They Lay up Snowbirds on the West and East Side IRT express tracks as well...

Basically all express service is suspended (as if it makes a difference lately >.>)

THey use the express tracks to store extra trains i believe.

They use the (S6)ixth Avenue Express Tracks & (Bbway)roadway express tracks as well. Though last time it snowed there were snowbirds terminating at 2nd Avenue then going back uptown, where were they going (R160 ENY sets)?:confused:

By the time Plan 4 is fully implemented during the late PM -midnight everything's running on the local tracks anyway. There are less trains running, at approx. 20 minute headways, overnight.

So during the rush there are no trains on the express tracks.

Makes sense.:tup:

They use the (S6)ixth Avenue Express Tracks & (Bbway)roadway express tracks as well. Though last time it snowed there were snowbirds terminating at 2nd Avenue then going back uptown, where were they going (R160 ENY sets)?:confused:

Do you even know what a snowbird is?

...The last day of the R1/9 Holiday Special: If anybody witnessed 8 car sets of R160's from ENY terminating at 2nd Avenue then going back. What was that? b/c I saw a few all around the 6th Avenue line as well, even at 47-50 st. They werent laying up, just going all around the 6th Avenue line :confused:

...The last day of the R1/9 Holiday Special: If anybody witnessed 8 car sets of R160's from ENY terminating at 2nd Avenue then going back. What was that? b/c I saw a few all around the 6th Avenue line as well, even at 47-50 st. They werent laying up, just going all around the 6th Avenue line :confused:

Maybe JAM was moving around the lay-ups.

Around what time? Because (M) service shut down that day due to snow conditions on the Metropolitan Avenue end of the line.

not true at all they dont keep the trains out in the snow thats one reason they do this is too have them inside or underground they are laid up on the express tracks

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

By the time Plan 4 is fully implemented during the late PM -midnight everything's running on the local tracks anyway. There are less trains running, at approx. 20 minute headways, overnight.

Not completely true. On the Lex, they will have (4)(5)(6) run at the same time until its time to reduce service. I caught a (5) from 23 St to Grand Central while going home from work

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Not completely true. On the Lex, they will have (4)(5)(6) run at the same time until its time to reduce service. I caught a (5) from 23 St to Grand Central while going home from work

I've made local stops sometimes from the bridge but it's usually due to something stalled on the uptown express track from 125th St down to 14th St.. Snowbird time starts after 7 pm on the (5) line, with service running local usually just before 8 PM after the snowbird (5) and (6)trains loop downtown and are positioned on the uptown express track.

Archived