Chambers Street On The J/M/Z Being Re-Done

Phil D.

Anyone notice that Chambers street is getting alot of work done to it? Last time I was there they had alot of yellow caution tape around and I saw many workers working on the walls and stuff. I think that Chambers street is being re-done and getting a way over do job to spruce up the station.

Please please please please fix Bowery (MTA), please. The last thing we need is another abandoned station. But still, good to hear they're fixing up Chambers St... I just hope they don't wall anything off.

The middle platform at columbus circle has been unused for a really, really long time. It's important they keep unused platforms open and accessible in case of emergencies. They have it largely blocked off as of last summer, have not been up that way in a while. Maybe next time i go to the museum of natural history i'll get some photos.

- Andy

The middle platform at columbus circle has been unused for a really, really long time. It's important they keep unused platforms open and accessible in case of emergencies. They have it largely blocked off as of last summer, have not been up that way in a while. Maybe next time i go to the museum of natural history i'll get some photos.

- Andy

It's blocked off and used for storage for equipment/supplies for the current renovations ongoing at 59th/CC

- Andy

They use that platform for fan trips.

Good, cause when I had to make my trip from Yonkers to Fresh Pond depot, for qualification, I had to use that rats nest, grimy station. I wouldn't dare sit on the benches there. The station looked like the equipment on the line. Old and dirty.

Actually didn't they use that station in Ghostbusters II, with the river of slime, and wasn't it also used in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? That disgusting layer dripping ooze, and the big rat.......

Well, the natural history museum is right up the pike.........

"SLIME!!! ITS A RIVER OF SLIME!!!!!!" - Ray

- Andy

Wow well its good that they are finally paying attention to some of these stations. Maybe they can eventually paint the el too. Has anyone seen it BTW :eek: ;)

Haha seriously, along most of its route in Brooklyn and Queens, it looks ancient and very poorly maintained as if the MTA has been deliberately neglecting its state of condition lol.

Haha seriously, along most of its route in Brooklyn and Queens, it looks ancient and very poorly maintained as if the MTA has been deliberately neglecting its state of condition lol.

If it ain't broken, why fix it........

Archived