(7): place elevators at 82nd St/Jackson Heights station

(A): all trains run to Far Rockaway

(:P: runs to Bedford Park Blvd whenever it runs

(C): extended to Lefferts Blvd

(D): shorter weekend headways

(J): shorter headways

(M): runs to Forest Hills weekends

(Q): runs to Ditmars Blvd weekends & skips 49th St all times

(R): add more staircases at Woodhaven Blvd/Queens Center station closer to Queens Center Mall

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Mx) returns to South Brooklyn, but it runs along its pre-86 route to Brighton Beach

(V) returns (do NOT start a flame war on this!)

Correction LRG. The (M) ran as a Brighton Local to Coney Island pre-1986 until about 10pm. While the (D)ran to Brighton Beach weekdays appx. 6am-8pm. Weekday evenings 8pm-6am and all times weekends the (D) was extended to Stillwell. And of course the (Q) ran rush hours only as the Brighton Local.

Correction LRG. The (M) ran as a Brighton Local to Coney Island pre-1986 until about 10pm. While the (D)ran to Brighton Beach weekdays appx. 6am-8pm. Weekday evenings 8pm-6am and all times weekends the (D) was extended to Stillwell. And of course the (Q) ran rush hours only as the Brighton Local.

I know that...I said that it returns to its pre-86 routing but it terminates at Brighton Beach instead. I always knew the (Mx) ran to Coney Island though once upon a time.

(E) A few more 179th trains.

(F) Culver express anyone?

Excellent ideas. If the (F) is going to operate via 63rd, there should at least be some direct service between 53rd and Hillside Avenue. As for Culver, the (F) makes a million stops in Brooklyn. Even though some clueless Subchatters vehemently oppose a Culver Express, it would take some of the pressure off the other South Brooklyn BMT lines.

replies in red. Sorry if I sound rude but giving 'honest' replies.

(:P Shuttle on weekends 205-145th.

Why? A better idea would be to run the (:o between 145 and Propsect Park weekends.

(C) To Church Av all-times(rsh hr extended to Kings Hwy via express)

You realize that the switch over tracks at Jay st would create unneeded delays right? The only logical place to swicth 8th Ave to/from 6th/Culver Line tracks is at West 4th Street. Culver is not as busy as the Fulton St Coordior in Brooklyn. Besides most (F) riders are going to 6th Ave and the Lower East Side anyhow.

(D) To 145th St weekends

Again why?

(F) To Euclid All Times(extended to Lefferts Blvd rush hrs and weekends)

Why? The current set up is fine. Fulton riders can transfer at either Jay St or West 4th for 6th Ave service.

(G) To Coney Island. Do you want massive congestion at West 8th St for trains to leave Stillwell? the culver line only has '2' tracks at Stillwell.

<R> Shuttle late nights extended to Whitehall Street.

I agree with this 100%. Much better than your other rail foamer ideas.

(3) Rush hrs select trains run to 137th St-City College

Not a bad idea. Only issue is the possible conga line/congestion from the local-express tracks or vice versa between 96th and 103rd Street.

(4) Bronx Express extension PM rush hrs 125-149-161-167-Burnside-Bedford Park.

Not terrible thinking. It should be only for a few select trains between 5-7pm though.

That's all I got.

I did mention another idea a page before. If the (MTA) refuses to bring Culver Express service a better idea would be to have the (G) extended to Avenue X on the Culver Line. So it would increase the amount of trains per hour, and would still take down traveling time.

Though again just in case if people are wondering. There will be no such configuration on the Culver Line that would make the (F) express, and the (G) local. It has been tried in the late 70's to the early 80's, and it failed. You are asking why right?. The reason?. The (G) doesn't go to Manhattan were many Culver Line residents want to go. Since it was just a crosstown line the idea failed. That is why the only thing you can do if you want to bring a Culver Express service is create a <F>.

I know that...I said that it returns to its pre-86 routing but it terminates at Brighton Beach instead. I always knew the (Mx) ran to Coney Island though once upon a time.

Do you run the (M) as an express to Brighton LRG? You can't have a local train terminate at Brighton Beach.

Also if the (V) returned does it run it's 2001-10 route between 2nd Ave and Forest Hills?

I would extend the (M) to Continental Avenue on Weekends and to 179th during rush hours restoring (F) express service via Hillside.

The (Z) would go down Brighton as the old 70(J) once did and restore express service on Broadway Brooklyn till Eastern Parkway.

The crossover at 34th Street on the Broadway line would cease; either a train is local or express, not both!

Welcome back Sam. I agree with the (M) being extended to 179th at least during rush hours. This would give Hillside Ave riders a direct route to 53rd St stations. However the NIMBY's in Briarwood and also at the 169th St station will go nuts and won't happen anytime soon.

I also agree and have the (Z) run between Broadway Jct. and Broad St weekdays with peak direction (J) service. Also extend the (Z) to either 95th-Bay Ridge or Bay Parkway rush hours and restore SW Brooklyn-Nassau line service.

Do you run the (M) as an express to Brighton LRG? You can't have a local train terminate at Brighton Beach.

Also if the (V) returned does it run it's 2001-10 route between 2nd Ave and Forest Hills?

You can have a local train turn at Brighton Beach. The train can dump its passengers on the uptown local track, relay onto the pocket tracks west (railroad south) of the station and it can return in service on the downtown express track, pick up passengers and then run back uptown.

As for the (V) it gets extended to Church Avenue or Kings Highway.

The only way you can replace the brown (Mx) in Brooklyn would be to create a service similar to the <R> without doing any change to the map. Just give it another letter, and run such a service from Chambers or Broad Street to Bay Parkway or Bay Ridge-95th Street. Every Nassau Street rider would be appeased. Call it a brown (V), a brown (P) or something else.

Then the whole point of skip stop express at Jamaica will be defeated...

He refuses to register that in his mind....

Here is something that will appease some foamers out here.

5358919504_a39b777d83.jpg

The diamond (F)-Sixth Avenue Local/Culver Express.

Meh....

FDiamondNYCSbullet.png

This looks better.

You can have a local train turn at Brighton Beach. The train can dump its passengers on the uptown local track, relay onto the pocket tracks west (railroad south) of the station and it can return in service on the downtown express track, pick up passengers and then run back uptown.

As for the (V) it gets extended to Church Avenue or Kings Highway.

Not if you have an express train i.e (Q) or (D) if we going all the way back to pre-1986 service pattern running every 5-6 minutes that will still cause congestion at Brighton. Coming from the relay track you still have to wait for an express train to leave Southbound LRG. I was around in the 1980's and remember it well.

Besides the (M) was like the (V) in it's day LRG. People at the local Brighton station would use it only to transfer to then (D) Brighton express tracks.

Majority of Brighton riders are going to Midtown, Union Sq. and other express station on the 6th Ave and Broadway Line.

Brighton riders currently can transfer at Deklab for the (R) or at Atlantic for the (2)(3)(4)(5) for lower Manhattan stations.

Why do people have to be so arrogant about the truth that the current Nassau Street services can't go to Brooklyn. This is why I hate, and I still hate Robert Moses.

Correction you mean Deklab South Brooklyn stations right roadcruiser? The (J)(M)(Z) already run in Northern Brooklyn along Broadway-Brooklyn and Jamaica/Myrtle Aves.

(3) Shorter Headways

(4) All R142As

(6) Some Air-Freshener!

(A) The timer at Broadway Junction removed

(:P Some R46s

(C) Needs wayyyyyyyy shorter headways

(D) Needs better quality of passengers

(E) To Euclid Avenue

(F) Return of the R46s, I'm sick of R160s on that line

(G) 2 more subway cars

(J)/(Z) Some Air-Freshener, the stench is horrible

(L) Less Crowded

(Q) No more R160s

(2). run express in the bronx both directions stopping at simpson st

(3). extended into the bronx

(4). extended to New Lots ave or somewhere in east new york

(5). extended to kings plaza-flatbush ave

(6). bi-directional express service in the bronx

Concourse line; (C), (D), (T) & blue (Z) bi-directional express service. D & Z run express

New, yankee stadium express stop.

Brighton line; (:P, (C), (J), (Q). B & C run express

(C). run to brooklyn Via Brooklyn bridge brighton express & Ave U

(E). runs to lefferts blvd queens via fulton lcl

(J). run to King plaza-flatbush ave via brighton lcl & ave U

new blue (Z) runs normal till bowery, then run under spring st via 8th ave express line till 59 st then via 2nd ave exp then concourse express.

sorry if i wrote more then i should have. i have a very wild imagination!

(V) train to Kings Highway via Culver Line

You would and with A R179 no less

(Mx) returns to South Brooklyn, but it runs along its pre-86 route to Brighton Beach

(V) returns (do NOT start a flame war on this!)

Finally ...LRG has come Back.....To the Real World....Win on this Skaterboy

O is that right....LMAO ...You want R38's on the M ..:tup:By all Means

I would like to see the N-Q to go to LGA

Q LGA Express to Bay Ridge 95 st

N Astoria lcl to Coney Isl via Culver

Archived