If You Could Change One Thing About Each Subway Line

EE Broadway Local

(W) was only cut due to the budget and replaced 'generally' by the (Q) in Queens and the (N) in Manhattan. Otherwise all that happened was a reduction in overall trains running. Keeping the (W) rush hours only would've been the smart thing. Then they can run the (N) local middays. Broadway ran better before the changes. imo.

Very true. The (W) should have stayed as a rush hour train. Middays Monday-Friday, IMO the (N) could have still run 'express' between 34th St and Canal if the headways on the (R) were better.

After 8pm and all times weekends/overnights the (N) would run as the Broadway Local.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The (D) stopping at DeKalb Av while running express on Fourth Avenue would require several switches, thus delaying not only the (D), but the (N), (Q) and (R) trains as well.

Following the bottom orange line on the Manhattan Bridge, the (D) would have to cross in front of the (Q), much like the (;) does on weekdays. Then after stopping at DeKalb Av, the (D) would have to switch over to the Fourth Avenue tracks, thus cutting off the (R). Finally, it would need to switch over to the express tracks and cutting off the (N) in the process.

No, like Mark 1 stated, it would be much easier for passengers to just transfer at Atlantic Av-Pacific St for the (D) instead of causing massive delays at DeKalb Av because of all that switching.

Your post is wasted on him, he's just a troll that posts one line comments and doesn't respond back. Why he's still here, I don't understand.

Shortline Bus, you're in the neighborhood but northbound only. The final (5) leaves Brooklyn College-Flatbush Avenue at 8:28pm. It arrives Eastchester-dyre Avenue at 9:53pm. Southbound the final (5) leaves Eastchester-Dyre Avenue at 7:42pm. It arrives at Franklin Avenue at 8:48pm. Maybe this train goes to Livonia Yard.

To tell you I am getting out of touch, I thought when the (MTA) expanded (5)service to/from Brooklyn all day Weekdays, the last trains arrived/left Flatbush at around 10pm.

If a less busier (M) could run from about 6am-11pm weekdays then why not the (5) run to/from Flatbush at least until 930pm?

Your post is wasted on him, he's just a troll that posts one line comments and doesn't respond back. Why he's still here, I don't understand.

You know providing facts to some posters scares them away from topics with relevant discussion! Fantasy ideas, speculation and silly, short responses are the way to go for those who choose not to learn.

D trains stopping at Dekalb Av during the day sounds good on paper but doesn't really make sense with all of the switches being at grade and trains will always have to cut in front of each other.

You know providing facts to some posters scares them away from topics with relevant discussion! Fantasy ideas, speculation and silly, short responses are the way to go for those who choose not to learn.

D trains stopping at Dekalb Av during the day sounds good on paper but doesn't really make sense with all of the switches being at grade and trains will always have to cut in front of each other.

I did propose the (D) to stop at Dekalb only when the (;) did not run on weekend. Most of you already knows it stops there after about 1130pm 7 days a week. Or after 10pm Manhattan Bound. However since the (R) has headways that are not great, I would have the (D) stop at Dekalb via 4th Ave Local weekends/overnights only.

However with the switching issues, the (D) stopping at Deklab weekends would cause more problems than creating solutions.

I also support some (3) train service to/from 137th St - City College. As someone who uses that station almost daily, I can't say how helpful it'd be.

After using the 116 St Station for so many years, I completely agree with you on this.

In fact, I'd even go out on a limb and propose that select (1) trains, maybe 3 max, should operate nonstop 168 St to 96 St in the peak direction.

-DV

After using the 116 St Station for so many years, I completely agree with you on this.

In fact, I'd even go out on a limb and propose that select (1) trains, maybe 3 max, should operate nonstop 168 St to 96 St in the peak direction.

-DV

Not sure how you would be able to accomplish that as skip stop didn't work [and having trains run 'express' on the local track will cause problems with the schedules] or switching to the middle track south of 145th would only cause a delay at 96th when they merge back.

Totally agreed. I am all for explaining things to people so they can learn even fantasies have limits, but that specific poster [that lance replied back to] has a history of one liners [need only to just look at his posts history] and then goes off to another topic. He's the type that does nothing here other than waste space that's what's been bugging me.

Archived