Introducing The New Flyer XN60

East New York

• 3 weeks later...

Nice! But I'm concerned about the weight of the bus, looks kinda heavy. I'm worried that this bus could have issues like the D60/DD50 has during the summer here in NYC. I would also like to add IMO, the B68 should get some of these buses too, and maybe some runs on the B11, as they get crush-loaded around the Brooklyn College area when school gets out.

Are these new articulated buses hybrid? Do we have any information on the engines and the fuel they use?

It's a Cummins powered CNG.

Nice! But I'm concerned about the weight of the bus, looks kinda heavy. I'm worried that this bus could have issues like the D60/DD50 has during the summer here in NYC. I would also like to add IMO, the B68 should get some of these buses too, and maybe some runs on the B11, as they get crush-loaded around the Brooklyn College area when school gets out.

New Flyer is saying the bus weighs less than it's only competitor, and all the X-series buses will have substantial weight savings. I want to see it on the B35 STAT!:cool:

I'd hope these New Flyer XC60's make it to like the Q53 and Q60 Busses as well as maybe Q44 and B35 and other heavy Queens and Brooklyn routes as we here do need high-capacity busses, 4-5 million peeps live out here ya know...

out of those 4 routes you just named only the B35 is capable since that is a CNG bus and none of those routes have CNG buses in their depots except for the B35

as for that bus...FTW!!!!!!!

ENY, I want to know do you think we might get these New Flyer Artics as diesels, let alone CNG's, considering that there is an Artic order coming later this year? It would be great to see new New Flyer artics on the road in NYC.

I'm being told the next artic order is definitely going to Nova. It's due by the end summer, and may also be increased to 190 from 185. I should be able to confirm soon.

At this time, the Articulated Xcelsior is only available as a CNG model. I am hearing we will demo one in the future, and/or possibly order a test fleet.

I'm being told the next artic order is definitely going to Nova. It's due by the end summer, and may also be increased to 190 from 185. I should be able to confirm soon.

At this time, the Articulated Xcelsior is only available as a CNG model. I am hearing we will demo one in the future, and/or possibly order a test fleet.

Thanks ENY, I appreciate it! :tup:

Thanks ENY, I appreciate it! :tup:

Scratch all that with the Nova order! I'm getting an update as I type this on 3 upcoming orders with major changes!:eek:

I can barely keep up! I'm about to post preliminary details in the Bus ops. fleet thread.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22138&page=25

• 3 months later...
I'm bumping this thread because it has come to my attention than many have not seen the Xcelsior artic. As of right now, the first order ever of XD90's will go to MTA!

whats the XD90s look like?

Archived