Introducing The New Flyer XN60

East New York

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
When will you realize that Kingsbridge will never have CNG buses simply because they're not fitted for CNG operations?

& To add on, if the (MTA) ever bought these, you would & could only see these buses at College Point, Spring Creek, West Farms, and Jackie Gleason. Keep in mind only 1 of those 4 depot has ever had articulated buses. They are nice but in my eyes I don't see the (MTA) ordering these.

I think the D40i and LFA series were platforms for the Xcelsior. The Xcelsior is a sweer looking bus. I wish SEPTA would order these, actually.

I agree. I think the D40i and LFA series were the ugliest buses NFI ever made. The Xcelsior is the total oposite. I would love to meet the team that designed that bus. I didnt like the roof mount HVAC BRT appearance in the first pics. But up close in person it looks really great. I'm madly in love with that XN60 though. I really think MTA should get those instead of XD60's.

If that doesnt work, they could always just make the 60LFR's diesel, and the Xelsiors Allison hybrids.

• 3 months later...

Now that the XD60 is back on track for delivery to begin by years end, rumor has it the TA is considering some XN60's in 2013/2014 if the bus sucesfully completes the BTE program. :D

Would both styles have to go throug the BTE program or would the XD60 qualification automatically qualify the XN60?

Would both styles have to go throug the BTE program or would the XD60 qualification automatically qualify the XN60?

Yes, the XD60 would qualify the Xcelsior Artic platform, so the XN would not have to go through the program.

Any word how many XN60's we may get, seeing as we got new CNG's already?

One has nothing to do with the other because the buses in this discussion are articulated. The new CNG's are 40 footers.

There isn't even a guarantee MTA will get any, and if they do it won't be anytime prior to 2014. It's way too early to tell how many the "may" get.

• 8 months later...

ORANGE COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY EXERCISES OPTION TO PURCHASE 20 XCELSIOR ARTICULATED BUSES

http://www.newflyer.com/index/2013_01_17_orange_county_award

MAPLE GROVE TRANSIT EXERCISES OPTION TO PURCHASE THREE 60-FOOT XCELSIOR DIESEL BUSES

http://www.newflyer.com/index/maple-grove-transit-60-foot-xcelsior

MARYLAND TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION EXERCISES OPTION TO PURCHASE TEN 60-FOOT XCELSIOR ARTICULATED BUSES

http://www.newflyer.com/index/maryland-transit-purchase-10-60foot-xcelsiors

One has nothing to do with the other because the buses in this discussion are articulated. The new CNG's are 40 footers.

There isn't even a guarantee MTA will get any, and if they do it won't be anytime prior to 2014. It's way too early to tell how many the "may" get.

A standard 90-bus order would do for starters, right? Latest TTMG roster says West Farms has 59 articulated buses right now. Let's round up and give them 60 XN60 buses. Would 30 articulated buses be enough at JG to handle the B35? As I understand it, JG (as is College Point) isn't necessarily capable of servicing articulated buses, so that might be an issue. If JG and CP received whatever upgrades were needed to handle artics, there's a few routes there that might make use of the XN60. The B35 at JG, and I suppose Q25 and/or Q65 at College Point. Sad to say I'm not sure of bus requirements per route, but if we go with 30 per route, that's 60 for WF, 30 for JG and 60 for CP. So...150 or so buses would cover it.

Archived