The New Assignments...

dmouse

The 44's won't come back because right now no one is willing to take responsibility for declaring those cars fit for service (and rightly so). If that changes, I'm sure it will get leaked here for all the foamers to pleasure themselves to but right now that's the way it is.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are no assignments changing Because the (A) doesnt have significant equipment problems and if minor problems arise, it can be solved with the spares of R46's or some of the ©'s R32's. Now, as for the (C) Line... its staying 8 car R32 til new NTTs arrive on property. If the (C) has problems with its equipment, it has more than enough R32 spares...Its been done plenty of times before...and as for the summer, whether (C) line riders like it or not, the R32's will Remain In service on the line but if the A/C units are extremely problematic again, then expect to see some of the (A)'s spare R46's on the (C) line. NOT R44's!! Case closed. :)

NO R44's Will Return In SERVICE,MTA MADE THAT CLEAR

REASON: R32's Are Getting Their A/C's Fixed - Overhauled at 207th st shop, That's why 3/4 of the fleet is OOS, 207th has been working around the clock fixing the A/C units on their R32's

as for the (A) getting R32's Lets wait until May 1st, I bet you it will stay the same as it is Now

Those 64 R44's will get scrapped

yeah ill be waiting.. Just like last time when u said the R32s are going on the (J).. What happen to that? And the R32s going to the (:)...... etc?!

That R32 on the (A) could of been an april fools joke as THAT was posted April 1st on subchat..

but Im not gonna believe until i see. Same for any other swap.

I don't know what the purpose of the R32s going on the (A) other then making the (C) full length. Other then that then everything should stay put until the death sentence of the R32s and R42s come in.

Now the R142As / R62A swap i def stand by as truth becuz there is a valid source from the top of the MTA. Not just any RTO crew member.

Not being rude at all, just playing it safe.

Just like last time when u said the R32s are going on the (J).. What happen to that?

Even though that seems highly unlikely there are sources that may bring a set or 2 for (J) service.Not impossible but highly unlikely.For all we know in about 2-3yrs the 42's may have severe problems b\c they have some carbon with that shit body and their roof.Me personally I'm an optimistic I and I'm sure others would love to catch a 32 (J) or anything new.Idc what you guys say but I hope it happens.If it doesn't it doesn't.I'll be 45 when the R-143's hit the (C).;)LMAO

The reincarnated (W) as I have had mentioned should be a weekdays only service. It won't run at all during late nights, or weekends. It would run from Astoria Ditmars Boulevard to either 9th Avenue (Lower Level), or Bay Parkway. If it is justifiable then the (W) would run, and terminate at Bay Parkway, but if it isn't it would terminate at the Lower Level of the Ninth Avenue station, but again the fact the (Mx) wasn't that crowded was due to the fact that it didn't run to Midtown which most people seemed to be going. I am a little certain that the (W) might have a higher ridership then the (Mx), and could run to Bay Parkway for a few months as a test. If the test doesn't really see a high ridership then it would be only Fourth Avenue that needs the service, and the (W) would terminate at the Lower Level of the Ninth Avenue station.

Except for the part about terminating the (W) on the lower level of 9th Avenue, this would be a good service pattern for a resurrected (W). From my own experience, I found that the Broadway Line ran better when the (W) was there. Now that it's gone and the (N) is running local and the weekday (Q) operates to Astoria, there are more delays due to the (Q) merging back in with the (N) at 34th. Prince St interlocking is a nightmare in both directions due to the southbound (N) merging back in with the (Q) and the northbound (N) merging with the (R). Phase 1 of the SAS can't come fast enough!

Please do all of us (and yourself) a favor and read the post he was responding to. His response to 2 Train Master was that the (W) can't return right now because the (Q) can't terminate at 57 St-7 Av due to ongoing construction work on the 63rd Street line just north of the station, due to the Second Avenue-to-63rd Street connection. Plus, there's no money for it. Of course, it will have to return in 2016 (or whenever the "line"'s completed) because Astoria needs more than one subway line over there.

Then where are late-night and weekend (Q) trains terminating if they can't do so at 57th and 7th? I haven't seen any weekend (Q)'s in Astoria so it can't be there.

Then where are late-night and weekend (Q) trains terminating if they can't do so at 57th and 7th? I haven't seen any weekend (Q)'s in Astoria so it can't be there.

Whenever something prevents the weekend (Q) train from terminating at 57th St (i.e. - the (R) running via 63rd St) the (Q) usually terminates at Times Square - 42nd St instead.

Back on topic... I have bad timing. It's only after the R32s leave the (A) that I start riding it every day. I like the R46s, but riding them every single day.... I wouldn't mind some R32s.

Of course there was fewer problems when the only switching occurred at 42nd, with occasional congestion going north in the rush hour only with the express (N) trying to fit in the 60th tube with the (W) and (R). Sometimes occasional congestion just north of Whitehall too, but that was emphasized by the presence of no cortlant street for the trains to sit at, and trains are not allowed to dwell adjacent to closed stations.

Well if the (W) does come back after the (Q) runs up Second Avenue it doesn't matter if it terminates at either Bay Parkway, Bay Ridge-95th Street, or Ninth Avenue. I think the best thing is that it provides service to the Broadway Line, and Fourth Avenue Line where it is desperately needed. They could test the (W) at Bay Parkway for 2-3 months to see if there is need on the West End Line. If there isn't much demand then it can run to Ninth Avenue. If there still isn't much need the (W) would run to Bay Ridge 95th Street instead. Though for certain the (W) would terminate at Astoria Ditmars Boulevard in Queens. So currently there would be 3 terminal options for the (W). I don't want to make the (W) run down the Sea Beach Line. It would just back up the (N) which would become the Broadway Express again. For (J), and (Z) riders they can transfer to the (W) to make the trip to South Brooklyn at Canal Street.

The only reason there would be a need for the (W) south of Whitehall is if the (R) can't handle all the riders going to LM from Brooklyn. Otherwise 9th av at most, is where it should go [2-3 trains]. Rush hours only: The (W) would be best as it was before the cuts and making the (N) express again and the (Q) terminate at 57/7th.

Well if the (W) does come back after the (Q) runs up Second Avenue it doesn't matter if it terminates at either Bay Parkway, Bay Ridge-95th Street, or Ninth Avenue. I think the best thing is that it provides service to the Broadway Line, and Fourth Avenue Line where it is desperately needed. They could test the (W) at Bay Parkway for 2-3 months to see if there is need on the West End Line. If there isn't much demand then it can run to Ninth Avenue. If there still isn't much need the (W) would run to Bay Ridge 95th Street instead. Though for certain the (W) would terminate at Astoria Ditmars Boulevard in Queens. So currently there would be 3 terminal options for the (W). I don't want to make the (W) run down the Sea Beach Line. It would just back up the (N) which would become the Broadway Express again. For (J), and (Z) riders they can transfer to the (W) to make the trip to South Brooklyn at Canal Street.

As much as I like to see the (W) end at Ninth Ave lower level, it's NOT gonna happen. If the lower level was actually still used in service, then it would not have been a problem. But the lower level has to get a GOH in order to open for service again. That costs way more than just sending the (W) down it's old route. Maybe your idea could work if the (MTA) has more money again, but as long as they're having a crisis, it would be best to run the (W) down the old route, with rush hour service to Astoria.

It seems agreeable that when the (Q) terminates at 96th Street once the Second Avenue Subway first phase opens the (W) would most likely come back. Hopefully it would run from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Bay Parkway. As I said people riding the (J), and (Z) would transfer at Canal Street. It sounds like the best option out of all the strategies that the (MTA) would come up with.

As much as I like to see the (W) end at Ninth Ave lower level, it's NOT gonna happen. If the lower level was actually still used in service, then it would not have been a problem. But the lower level has to get a GOH in order to open for service again. That costs way more than just sending the (W) down it's old route. Maybe your idea could work if the (MTA) has more money again, but as long as they're having a crisis, it would be best to run the (W) down the old route, with rush hour service to Astoria.

They can relay the trains in the middle track at 9 Ave. Just run the trains light to CI if they are peak only, or schedule them so that the train in the pocket leaves before the next arrives.

It seems agreeable that when the (Q) terminates at 96th Street once the Second Avenue Subway first phase opens the (W) would most likely come back. Hopefully it would run from Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard to Bay Parkway. As I said people riding the (J), and (Z) would transfer at Canal Street. It sounds like the best option out of all the strategies that the (MTA) would come up with.

The thing is, the south Brooklyn (J) is being seen as an immediate solution if there was a problem, not something that would be instated just because service is wanted. This solution would use existing (but of course more) equipment, just extending a couple of runs instead of resurrecting an entire route, creating completely new runs and schedules. The SAS won't be here until 2016, (MTA) willing, and that's a long time to wait to try a solution if a problem currently exists. Your solution would be best 5 years from now. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

I agree with GC, any of this would only be needed if the (4) and (5) are overflowing.

If you extend the (J) to South Brooklyn you would kill the skip stop service on the Nassau, and Jamaica Line, and this is the last time I am going to say it nicely to someone. The next person that would propose this idea is going to get a yelling from me.

If you extend the (J) to South Brooklyn you would kill the skip stop service on the Nassau, and Jamaica Line, and this is the last time I am going to say it nicely to someone. The next person that would propose this idea is going to get a yelling from me.

How would it kill skip-stop? All it takes is a little scheduling, and as I said before, these trains would most likely run reverse peak as far as skip-stop is concerned. Skip-stop is only one hour each rush, which means those trains that go out (if they run them out to SBK in the AM) would not even have the time to recirculate back to Nassau to affect any other skip-stop trains.

Now the route being too long I can see, but not the issue of killing skip-stop, unless there is something I do not see.

Heck just extend it, kill the (Z) and make (J) express trips. Now chill your tits dude, I mean seriously smdh, just wait and see what happens and until then put a cork in it.

Didn't the members on this thread explain it clearly or is it not sinking in. The idea of running the (J) express would back up the Jamaica Line, and another thing is the (J), and (Z) only runs together during rush hours. The reason why it would ruin the skip stop service is it you won't have enough time to relay the trains to run at a certain proximity from each other skip stop service won't be successful, and the (J) won't be an express. It would be all local, and thus it would kill the skip stop service. Unless if you think a (J) train can travel so fast that nothing would happen to threaten the skip stop. Besides what is so important that the service has to come from the Nassau Street Line?, Why not the Broadway Line?. In fact why not from any other BMT/IND line?. They are all capable. They only need enough room, and access to the Montague Street Tunnel to do it.

Didn't the members on this thread explain it clearly or is it not sinking in. The idea of running the (J) express would back up the Jamaica Line, and another thing is the (J), and (Z) only runs together during rush hours. The reason why it would ruin the skip stop service is it you won't have enough time to relay the trains to run at a certain proximity from each other skip stop service won't be successful, and the (J) won't be an express. It would be all local, and thus it would kill the skip stop service. Unless if you think a (J) train can travel so fast that nothing would happen to threaten the skip stop. Besides what is so important that the service has to come from the Nassau Street Line?, Why not the Broadway Line?. In fact why not from any other BMT/IND line?. They are all capable. They only need enough room, and access to the Montague Street Tunnel to do it.

I was under the impression that the SBK (J) idea would only run 3-4 tph, as the poster who brought it up said, and not every (J) train would run out to SBK. This would only run a few extra trains in the direction that is needed, with lay-ups or light returns as however they would want to do this. Which is why I say it would not disrupt skip-stop.

Since we are talking about the Montague tubes, there is really no other choice for service to get there but through Broadway or Nassau. Nothing else can get there, since those lines can be pretty exclusive. Running a West End service though Broadway would require more commitment, like a new line as you proposed, than extending a couple of Nassau trains. I do like GC's idea of terminating that service at Broadway Junction, like how Rock Park (A) trains start their runs at 59th street.

rush hour peak direction only such as the (F) is sent up and in fact, would prolly have better service then the current (Z) .

I was under the impression that the SBK (J) idea would only run 3-4 tph, as the poster who brought it up said, and not every (J) train would run out to SBK. This would only run a few extra trains in the direction that is needed, with lay-ups or light returns as however they would want to do this. Which is why I say it would not disrupt skip-stop.

check page 7, first person said it would be 15 tph to bay parkway.

They can relay the trains in the middle track at 9 Ave. Just run the trains light to CI if they are peak only, or schedule them so that the train in the pocket leaves before the next arrives.

1 Garbage trains use the middle track

2 Like I said: the lower level needs a GOH BEFORE it can be reused for passenger service. Even if the (W) comes back, I don't think the (MTA) wants to do a GOH to 9 Ave lower. That'll cost way too much.

So it can't use the lower level.

check page 7, first person said it would be 15 tph to bay parkway.

That''s what I get for not checking back. I saw it before he edited it... Hey, a less crowded train is a happier train. Skip-stop wouldn't be needed if the headways are tight enough. The (1) does pretty ok I must say.

1 Garbage trains use the middle track

2 Like I said: the lower level needs a GOH BEFORE it can be reused for passenger service. Even if the (W) comes back, I don't think the (MTA) wants to do a GOH to 9 Ave lower. That'll cost way too much.

So it can't use the lower level.

Do garbage trains use the middle track during rush hour? Do garbage trains run during Rush hour? For the garbage train to make it out to its platform, it can either go through the yard (via 9Av upper middle) or through 9th Av lower, which is what I thought they do.

For point number 2, that's not my argument.

Archived