The brutal Winter of 2011 that has hit NYC Metro area?

Shortline Bus

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My gripe is that people use global warming to explain any weather phenomenon. When it's 0.001 degrees above normal, they say it's global warming. When it doesn't snow enough, it's global warming. When it snows too much, it's global warming. If they're going to make a fabrication then at least be consistent.

I'm not on the global warming bandwagon myself, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be surprised if at some point it was proven that something that has occurred w/mother nature was the result of global warming.

Personally, I would think that as sensitive as the Earth is that at some point man's abuse of it would result in some misfortune.

I think the real question is when will man take on more responsibility to correct his wrongs? Let's say that global warming doesn't exist. It seems as if the only way man will change his ways in terms of taking steps to pollute less is if there is a real threat to his being. Maybe the question is how much has man really evolved in his hundreds of years on this planet...

It's not bullshit. People's interpretation of the original theory is bullshit really. I mean its actually very possible for the entire planet to warm up. It's also very possible for the planet to cool down. We all know this. There's plenty of times where the weather has been just outright unusual. But people's reasoning behind it seem to go from intellectually sound to borderline drunkard insane. I think global warming is very real. But I won't chalk up every unusual weather pattern to it.

*rips $2,000 ticket in half* Not on my watch! :D

Anyway, bring on the snow! We need an eight-foot blizzard here. So when the next Winter Olympics occurs, we can store it and hand it right off. :P

2,000 dollar ticket?? where the hell did you get your flight ticket from? It only ever costs me about 180-200 to fly down to Florida...

2,000 dollar ticket?? where the hell did you get your flight ticket from? It only ever costs me about 180-200 to fly down to Florida...

Maybe he been flying 1st class to Miami Beach.:P

Anyhow everyone ready for the brutal cold? By Monday Morning even NYC will be in the single digits temps wise. While here in the Hudson River Valley on Monday 1/24/11 temps may go down to (Minus)-10 Degrees below zero. Talk about frigid weather.

And hold on to your hats, on Tuesday-Wed. 1/25-1/26, another chance for snow with a chance it could be as much as 1 feet or snow.

Again I know it's winter but this high amount of snow/cold has everyone where I work at talking about the weather.

Also has this bizzare weather patterns across the US and world i.e excessive snowstorms in most of Europe, recent flooding in Australia, brutal summer heat, etc. all in the last year or so, got to make all of us wonder.

Did forgot to mention, in 2010 that the world's temps was the hottest ever recorded?

Those of you waiting for summer be carefully what you wish for? Remember July 4-7th, 2010 and temps in NYC and across the Northeast at or above 100 degrees for at least 3 straight days.

Why can't the world be something like Bermunda or Fiji, sunny skies year round daytime temps around 80 degrees F. and clean blue water lol? :confused::P

Those of you waiting for summer be carefully what you wish for? Remember July 4-7th, 2010 and temps in NYC and across the Northeast at or above 100 degrees for at least 3 straight days.

Why can't the world be something like Bermunda or Fiji, sunny skies year round daytime temps around 80 degrees F. and clean blue water lol? :confused::P

No I'm good. I want my dose of snow in New York City, thank you very much.

Man, I remember that heat wave. I left the house once that day, just walked around the block when it hit 103º. That was just plain weird. You start sweating wearing a t-shirt and gym shorts after barely going 15 feet. I do not want that by any means -- I'd even take a snow storm over that.

It's crazy...I'm not a heavy sweater myself (LOL) and during those days I was sweating profusely...even when I was laying down in my room not doing anything!

103 degrees in New York City is quite different from 103 degrees in Phoenix. That's normal during June and July and August. Add to that a generally bright, warm sun. All time record high June 26, 1990 - 122 degrees.

Man, I remember that heat wave. I left the house once that day, just walked around the block when it hit 103º. That was just plain weird. You start sweating wearing a t-shirt and gym shorts after barely going 15 feet. I do not want that by any means -- I'd even take a snow storm over that.

103 degrees in New York City is quite different from 103 degrees in Phoenix. That's normal during June and July and August. Add to that a generally bright, warm sun. All time record high June 26, 1990 - 122 degrees.

All I know is i hated it and wished I had a place on the other side of the world where it was still cold.

Archived