The brutal Winter of 2011 that has hit NYC Metro area?

Shortline Bus

Were going to get SNOWED in l0l.

Don't laugh ;)but the way this winter 2010-11 is going it could happen:(.

I am a little worried since right before the Christmas Blizzard when I left on Dec. 23 to see my family in Calif., the tv weathercasters stated the same thing. It was only supposed to 2-4 inches/sleet/freezing rain mix on Sunday Dec. 26.

We all know what happened on Christmas Night (Sat. 12/25/10)giving everyone less than 24 hours to prepare i.e hello Mayor Bloomberg.

The weathercasters should have also gotten more of the blame for lack of warning in predicting the Christmas weekend blizzard as well.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather NewsFlash. A Winter Storm Watch has been posted for most of the NYC/Northern NJ Metro area. It could be upgraded to a heavy snow or even Blizzard warning by tommorow morning 1/26/11.

At least 6 inches of snow is now expected for NYC and the nearby region. It could be upgraded to much more snow by the morning. It depends on the track of this northeaster. Stay tuned.:confused:

Weather NewsFlash. A Winter Storm Watch has been posted for most of the NYC/Northern NJ Metro area. It could be upgraded to a heavy snow or even Blizzard warning by tommorow morning 1/26/11.

At least 6 inches of snow is now expected for NYC and the nearby region. It could be upgraded to much more snow by the morning. It depends on the track of this northeaster. Stay tuned.:confused:

What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. :tdown:

Ugh.

This season is scary a replay of the winter of 1993-94 or even 1995-96 IMO. That season the NYC area got '14' mesurable snow events and '5' snowstorms including a blizzard and a cold snap of temps below zero in Mid-January.

One morning on MLK Day 1994, i got up at 5am to go to undergrad college near Albany. The doors froze and had to call for tow truck to unfreeze it. After that I always have a de-icer similar to the ones used on planes.

This storm the Hudson Valley is only supposed to get an additional 3-5 inches of snow.

Not to get off topic but related? Anyone worried about the costs and expensives NYC and the other cities/towns in the region becoming broke from this endless cleanup and costs?

New Jersey has already spent its 20.8 Million on snow removal and that was there budget they had to work with. Now there in a hole. 10 storms in 28 days.

New Jersey has already spent its 20.8 Million on snow removal and that was there budget they had to work with. Now there in a hole. 10 storms in 28 days.

In a middle of a major recession that not a good thing.:(

Not to mention in some of the region's school districts(not NYC)snow days being used. Thus Spring Break and days off at the end of the school year in May/June having to be used up.

bumbaclaat B train ah suspended 'pon prospect park after haff an hour craaawl long di bridge....

bwoy haffi walk 'long empire fi albany... long waaalk there ya know...

B41 pack like sardine 'an flatboosh, me nah bodda try get on di ting go vroom vroom spew fume dem...

leave work 8:30, reach west 4th bout 10 minit afta...

mi nuh key through di door bout quarta to 11....

never see so much white pon di tar in a month time...

bwoy a B35 church on di NYCTF gon maaaad, di way mi a chat like dis.....

Seriously though, I'm pissed... for a few reasons.

So Bro how was your day? Oh right. Enough said.:eek:

bumbaclaat B train ah suspended 'pon prospect park after haff an hour craaawl long di bridge....

B41 pack like sardine 'an flatboosh, me nah bodda try get on di ting go vroom vroom spew fume dem...

leave work 8:30, reach west 4th bout 10 minit afta...

mi nuh key through di door bout quarta to 11....

never see so much white pon di tar in a month time...

bwoy a B35 church on di NYCTF gon maaaad, di way mi a chat like dis.....

Seriously though, I'm pissed... for a few reasons.

As of 12:00am all bus service has been suspended.

Command Center has instructed all B/O's to complete

their trips and return back to their depots. Buses galore

are stuck out there and will be for several hours unfortunately.

Shortline: Keep us updated on the next snowstorm for the middle

of next week. o_O

As of 12:00am all bus service has been suspended.

Command Center has instructed all B/O's to complete

their trips and return back to their depots. Buses galore

are stuck out there and will be for several hours unfortunately.

Shortline: Keep us updated on the next snowstorm for the middle

of next week. o_O

Looks like the weathercasters are wrong again. 2 feet of snow and X-mas Blizzard part II anyone?

Im signing of and going to sleep peace!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!:eek:

B35 you a loose cannon!

Archived