Some Buses in storage pics and some in service

trainfan22

Nice shots, I like the one of 9915 the best.

Thanks!!

@ shondrae donno why the orion VI was pulled from service. Maybe they were just demo buses or something. But its sad to see those poor RTS buses sitting in there they should be running in service not sitting around collecting dust. If something is wrong with them then the MTA should GOH them or something....

Nice shots! The Orion VI Hybrids were pulled from service due to the expiration of the old Lockheed Martin Hybrid system. MTA and Orion came to an agreement that they would pull them out of service, and Orion replaced them with O7's. MTA also got bus #6905 for free because the last batch was delivered late.

Nice shots! The Orion VI Hybrids were pulled from service due to the expiration of the old Lockheed Martin Hybrid system. MTA and Orion came to an agreement that they would pull them out of service, and Orion replaced them with O7's. MTA also got bus #6905 for free because the last batch was delivered late.

what depot is #6905 in

wow nice shots. I have yet to see a Orion VI bus in person. Do they run in service? If not, where is that storage place located?

Thanks the orion VI does not run in servce anymore. And that storage lot where i took those pics is in long island city in Queens. To get you take the (7) to 45rd court house station (The first stop outside in queens). If you ride an queens bound (7) train after it leaves hunters point ave look out the left side of the train. After you pass the "M7" yard you will see a parking lot with bunch of buses in it mostly RTS and the orion VI. And once you get off the train its pretty easy to find your way to the storage lot where the orion VI are at....

Archived