Some railfanning pics from today

trainfan22

Wow! that 8th shot of the SouthBound (Q) approaching the Highway, what car number is that? It still has the old 'Akzindenz' font!

Sweet! I wonder if that rollsign is all that way, or if it's a patch repaired one.

Hey, i noticed you got some shots of sunnyside? Every time i ride the (7)(7x) to shea i poop my pants from all the amtrak and (NJT) trains there, i usually even see one acela set just chilling on one of the outer tracks.

- Andy

Thanks everyone!!

@ brighton local Im not sure what the car number is. I didnt get a chance to see the number but i do know it was an 68A.

@ metsfan I actully took those pics at the LIRR station. its hard to take pics of sunnyside yard because of the fences being in the way. And yeah ive noticed that one acela train that aways sitting on the outer tracks LOL. But on sundays that yard is a ghost town there dont be any NJ trains in there only one or two amtrak trains.

@ metsfan I actully took those pics at the LIRR station. its hard to take pics of sunnyside yard because of the fences being in the way. And yeah ive noticed that one acela train that aways sitting on the outer tracks LOL. But on sundays that yard is a ghost town there dont be any NJ trains in there only one or two amtrak trains.

Yea, i've not been up that way on a sunday in a looonnng time, but when i was it was empty, except one set of 3 am-cans in one of the more middle tracks not hooked to anything. Next mets game (next week) i will try to get some good photos from a LIRR train, with my luck the windows will be grime coated though. :D

- Andy

If you take the Flushing-bound (7) it takes a while to pass by Sunnyside Yard, you can do that. Might wanna try take a picture of the huge heap of dirt coming in from the TBM at work too...

and Great photos!

If you take the Flushing-bound (7) it takes a while to pass by Sunnyside Yard, you can do that. Might wanna try take a picture of the huge heap of dirt coming in from the TBM at work too...

and Great photos!

Yea, i'm going to try and get shots of the pass-under tunnels this time, and the acela if it's sitting there!!!

- Andy

Great shots!

I mentioned about the Multi-level's that we have that run between Downtown Dallas and Downtown Fort Worth. Oddly enough we use the same manufacturer for ours as is the shot that you took!

I love the suburban style pics also, a nice change of pace.

Great shots!

I mentioned about the Multi-level's that we have that run between Downtown Dallas and Downtown Fort Worth. Oddly enough we use the same manufacturer for ours as is the shot that you took!

I love the suburban style pics also, a nice change of pace.

Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived