The Canarsie Rocket

INDman

While at 207th St last week, car 8277 aka the Canarsie Rocket was spotted in the overhaul shop. It has been stripped down and has NOT been fixed either.

0121112003.jpg

The new plan is for the 207th St. shop to rebuild the car since having this car OOS means that the other 3 cars are also OOS.

No, it hit the block in the yard at Canarsie and the car went up in the air. The truck didn't fall off and bent the frame.

Like this?:

img_50223.jpg

img_50220.jpg

Lead car involved in a bumper block overshoot incident in Canarsie Yard, 6/21/2006. Frame bent. Being stripped of parts for possible repair but may be permanently out of service.

Wasn't there another R143 sent to Kawasaki for repairs?

If you mean the 8th Av crash, wasn't that 'minor' and fixable?

But in anycase, a full rebuild of that R143 is going to be expensive.. this is why the R143s should've been compatible with the R160s. Then they could've had kawasaki send a replacement car for that R143.

Good to hear that it's being rebuilt. Three perfectly usable cars have been sitting unused for years. I guess that's a minor issue when it comes to train sets.

You do realize those three cars couldn't be used without another 'A' car, right?

You do realize those three cars couldn't be used without another 'A' car, right?

That's what I'm saying. To me, having sets of four and five cars is good for numerous reasons. The only drawback is that when one gets damaged, the rest have to sit.

Archived