Which line has the most civilized riders?

JubaionBx12+SBS

That has to be the first time I've heard that term used for the (A)....

No, it's for the whole system. There are skells everywhere, the condtions top side mean almost nothing for what is to be found in the whole. For example, my station 15th St is in Windsor Terrace, a nice area with a low crime rate, but the station has been the location of several muggings and many homeless like to sleep there. Mopery knows no bounds.

That's one...anyone else care to take that seriously ;)

Like I said before, I use the Fulton Street corridor as early as 6 a.m. three times a week and have no issues with any people on the (A) or (C)...although I do see more skells on the (A) because the terminals for that line don't require it to relay, like the (C).

Like I said before, I use the Fulton Street corridor as early as 6 a.m. three times a week and have no issues with any people on the (A) or (C)...although I do see more skells on the (A) because the terminals for that line don't require it to relay, like the (C).

So I guess the (3) in Brooklyn is civilized too right?

I'd have to agree with Lupe Jr, err, I mean Leroy. Boys and Girls High is where dreams (and futures) go to die.

As for the line with the most civilized riders, it's not on the subway. That honor goes to Metro-North.

I must agree. I'm not saying Metro-North riders are completely polite and courteous, but the amount of rude, loud, obnoxious and aggressive behavior is just greater on LIRR and even more so on the subway. The (7) certainly doesn't get top honors for civility on the subway. People hold doors open and the people who are on the platform don't wait for the ones coming off the train to get off before they get on. Same goes for the (E) and (F) trains. Come to think of it, that's becoming more common just about everywhere now.

Living along the IRT Pelham myself, I can honestly say this statement isn't all that true. I can't necessarily say the neighborhoods that the (6) goes through in the Bronx are the best, but I take the (6) every day out of/into this area,and the train is nothing like that. Whether or not the neighborhoods are good or not, the (6) train, even while in the South Bronx, isn't all that bad.

This. I've gotten on/off at Third Av-138 St, Hunts Point Av, Whitlock Av, Elder Av, Morrison Av-Soundview, Parkchester, Westchester Sq, etc., and if anything, maybe ONCE had a problem.

Well she's a female and Caucausian so that may have something to do with her feeling intimidated going through that area to get to hers. I know where she's coming from though.

I felt that way going up to Washington Heights a few years back when I was doing private tutoring on the side. I took the 1 train all the way to 171st street to tutor this kid once after leaving my office which at the time was on 18th off of 5th Ave. Really nice family... The mother really cared and the kid and father were nice as well. She made a point of telling me where she was, as she wasn't too far from some of the Columbia University facilities which was supposed to be "safer" I suppose, but it didn't make a difference from my point of view.

Folks were looking at me up there as if I was a fish out of water... I got the feeling that they thought I was either working at Columbia University or a cop seeing that I was dressed coming from work and such and I just wanted to get out of there. The only comfort I felt was seeing the Columbia University students and we would sort of kept near each other. Eventually after the second visit, I had to tell the mother I couldn't go up there anymore and I didn't allude to me not feeling comfortable in that neck of the woods so as not to insult her, but that was the main reason, in addition to it being so far from where I lived in Staten Island, so in sum if you're used to traveling in that neck of the woods then you probably wouldn't see any problem with it.

Well she's a female and Caucasian so that may have something to do with her feeling intimidated going through that area to get to hers. I know where she's coming from though.

I felt that way going up to Washington Heights a few years back when I was doing private tutoring on the side. I took the 1 train all the way to 171st street to tutor this kid once after leaving my office which at the time was on 18th off of 5th Ave. Really nice family... The mother really cared and the kid and father were nice as well. She made a point of telling me where she was, as she wasn't too far from some of the Columbia University facilities which was supposed to be "safer" I suppose, but it didn't make a difference from my point of view.

Folks were looking at me up there as if I was a fish out of water... I got the feeling that they thought I was either working at Columbia University or a cop seeing that I was dressed coming from work and such and I just wanted to get out of there. The only comfort I felt was seeing the Columbia University students and we would sort of kept near each other. Eventually after the second visit, I had to tell the mother I couldn't go up there anymore and I didn't allude to me not feeling comfortable in that neck of the woods so as not to insult her, but that was the main reason, in addition to it being so far from where I lived in Staten Island, so in sum if you're used to traveling in that neck of the woods then you probably wouldn't see any problem with it.

Caucasian has nothing to do with anything. You can be Black, Spanish, Asian, blue, green orange, and not feel saFe anywhere, so just cut the crap now.

Caucasian has nothing to do with anything. You can be Black, Spanish, Asian, blue, green orange, and not feel saFe anywhere, so just cut the crap now.

No: race has much to do with many things, with this being one of them. We try to leave race out of everything for the sake of "equality", but the truth is: race plays a role and it subtly slips into everything we do.

From my own experiences, I feel more comfortable among members of my own race, and many of my acquaintances make it implicit that they're not comfortable in neighborhoods where the predominant race is different. Now my race isn't stereotypically known for impulsive crime or violent outbursts, but suppose I saw an group of "ghetto" Asians up to no good, my sense of danger wouldn't be triggered. However, I've found myself—ironically—premeditating violent actions every time I found myself amongst Latinos and Blacks as if my subconscious was trained to associate groups of Latinos or Blacks with potential danger. The thoughts are especially prevalent when the people are dressed in their stereotypical clothing.

What do you make of that?

No: race has much to do with many things, with this being one of them. We try to leave race out of everything for the sake of "equality", but the truth is: race plays a role and it subtly slips into everything we do.

From my own experiences, I feel more comfortable among members of my own race, and many of my acquaintances make it implicit that they're not comfortable in neighborhoods where the predominant race is different. Now my race isn't stereotypically known for impulsive crime or violent outbursts, but suppose I saw an group of "ghetto" Asians up to no good, my sense of danger wouldn't be triggered. However, I've found myself—ironically—premeditating violent actions every time I found myself amongst Latinos and Blacks as if my subconscious was trained to associate groups of Latinos or Blacks with potential danger. The thoughts are especially prevalent when the people are dressed in their stereotypical clothing.

I know race plays a major role in everything we do, but this is not the place to discuss that. Blacks, Latinos ect, are not the only ones to commit violent acts.

This is why I had a problem with this thread to begin with. Just something as simple as someone saying the (A)(C) really points out the obvious....:mad:

People are going to be people weather we like it or not, its just something we all have to deal with.

Even where I live its only 3 black people on my street and just by me dressing how I do, I get looks, but leave me alone everyone has the right to dress how they want to.

I just dont like this thread and i guarantee that it will get locked somewhere down the road.

What you are talking about is called "conditioning," and whether you know it or not, that is a form of prejudice/racism.

I avoided this thread for the EXACT same reason as 553. I'm thinking now rather than later..........

Stand Clear of The Closing Post Please!

Archived