I Have Insomnia...

R32 3352

Man. So many people have insomnia it's not even funny. If that bad go to a Doctor for them to decide. I am not over the counter meds at the local supermarket or pharmcy is all that great or even safe.

One advice would be to stay from high caffine stuff at least 4-6 hours before you go to bed.

Another turn your lights on low a hour before going to bed and listen to slow jams/soft rock music. Listening to Black Sabbath or Snopp Dog is more likely to keep you up.

For more advice go to a medical website on advice to sleep with insomnia.

It's 1:50am, and I'm still awake (but then, I worked tonight 2:00 to 10:30pm and woke up at 11:25am this morning.).

Tomorrow, Thursday, I'm scheduled 2:00 to 10:30pm then Friday is not scheduled.

But then Saturday is a 5:00am to 10:30am and Sunday is a 6:00am to 10:30am.

but you posted this at 3:55 AM! 2 hours off? :(

When I read a book, watch online movies, play game, I always fall asleep.

When I was in Japan, before I came here, my grandmother took me to place that gathers all children who had their parents in jail custody while their children were taken care at this location.

My parent weren't bad, my grandmother took me away from my mom.

When I was there, nice lady attendant put on soft music on radio to make me sleep.

you're not alone in the insomnia category...

- forcing yourself to sleep never works... forget about that...

what you should do is, get "thinking" about sleeping out of your head....

far as what I do....

well, at times, I get very lax... so when I leave the computer & hit the bed, I'm not comin back on this ma'fu**a for the rest of the night.... what I do then, is start watchin TV; channel surf... find some'n that interests you ... grab some water (or juice, but not soda)... lie down for a couple & start following w/e it is you're watching....

after that, think about what you have to do that next day at work/school... you have to kinda portion your sleep time... "sleep cramming", if you will... if you know you're not the type to (literally, all jokes aside) stay up the whole day, you WILL end up falling asleep....

I don't know how long you sleep on average, but for me, it's about 3-4 hrs a day... so knowin I have to leave the crib around 8am, I usually push the envelope & try to stay up til around 4am...

end up dozing off/getting groggy around 3:15/3:30am most days... works just about every time....

those 3-4 hours feel like an ETERNITY.... but I wake up energized than a motha'....

when I sleep more than 6 hours, I wake up & still feel tired...

don't know if that confuses you, but it works for me....

I'm not suggesting this, but another thing that works for me, is when I actually don't go to sleep on a given night; stayin up 24 hrs+.... then you end up having an irregular sleeping pattern during the week... those are those weeks when you'll really be waitin for friday night to come... so you can sleep the whole goddamn weekend away....

• 7 years later...

Archived