My Comet IIM's

I managed to take the time out to rebuilt most of HO train fleet. Right now I'm in the mix of making of ADM-7 (no notta typo) an diesel variant of AEM-7. And I took the only Comet II that I have and im rebuilding it into a Comet IIM. Right now the doors are gone and there's a hole above the windows for the destination signs.

Pix:

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

Hope you like (NJT)

I want those so bad. Very nice. They are the perfect scale and the right proportions. I am big on HO.

Sadly, I can no longer by HO cuz my dad wants me only on O and nothing else but I love the Comets. If you ever get one, get the Walthers Kits for the Nj Transit Comet II (or Horizon Commuter Car) and pop out the front and back doors. Paint the side stripes a little bit thicker. And replace the doors with aftermarket doors from a detailing company and I'm still working on finding Comet IV style end diaphragms.

Yes nice! The black above the windows looks one shade darker then the original. NJT's black color is called Engine Black. I ordered it from walthers when I converted them into IIMs and I used a cheap airbrush that I got at my local hobby shop.;)(NJT)

Hello,

Great photos. So far the Passenger car look really accurate. Great Work. Comet IIM Cars are numbered from 5300-5440. I guess the ADM-7 is a dual mode version of the AEM-7 that can run on Diesel fuel and the Catenary wires and probably has 7000hp.;)

I can wait to see that when its done.B)

Eric

Archived