Man Struck And Injured By NYC Subway Train

CPBO

NEW YORK (AP) – A man has been struck and injured by a subway train on Manhattan’s East Side.

NYC Transit spokeswoman Deirdre Parker said the accident occurred at 77th Street and Lexington Avenue. The person was struck by a downtown No. 6 train at 2:24 a.m. Friday.

The NYPD says the man’s leg was severed. He was taken to Lenox Hill Hospital.

Police say no criminality is suspected.

(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Damn another incident on Lexington Av.A lot of s**t happens on the East Side Lines like last year whether its as north as 125(guy with wheel chair) and southward.It's crazy.I hope they don't add timers on the local b\c there aren't many on the local there's actually 2 or none between 125th & 51st on the n & south I believe frekin R-142A's storm into every station.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

It was at 77 St at 2 in the morning. That station is a ghost town and trains come every 10-15 minutes (both (4) & (6) trains combined). There should be no excuse this time other than his own stupidity

He's lucky Lenox Hill Hospital is directly upstairs

Damn another incident on Lexington Av.A lot of s**t happens on the East Side Lines like last year whether its as north as 125(guy with wheel chair) and southward.It's crazy.I hope they don't add timers on the local b\c there aren't many on the local there's actually 2 or none between 125th & 51st on the n & south I believe frekin R-142A's storm into every station.
You took the thought right out of my head!!! The new name for the (6) line is the Hexington Avenue local.

The Lexington Avenue Line should have platform screen doors. Since it is the only line serving the East Side the area on the platforms can get really dangerous. This line should have had got it a long time ago. Second Avenue won't help, because it would take decades, and it won't run into the Bronx, and Brooklyn so it won't be a big help either. Listen they should do the stations from 125th Street all the way to Bowling Green.

The (T) doesn't go anywhere near the Bronx or Manhattan once or if it's completed. The (T) would be an all Manhattan ride. There are still people that would depend on that one seat ride to the Bronx, and Brooklyn, and what line would they continue to use?. They would continue to use the Lexington Avenue Line. Unless if someone has plans to send the (T) into Bronx, and Brooklyn which won't happen in our lifetimes.

The Lexington Avenue Line should have platform screen doors. Since it is the only line serving the East Side the area on the platforms can get really dangerous. This line should have had got it a long time ago. Second Avenue won't help, because it would take decades, and it won't run into the Bronx, and Brooklyn so it won't be a big help either. Listen they should do the stations from 125th Street all the way to Bowling Green.

No...people should just do as they're supposed to and stay off the tracks.

My sympathies in cases like this are limited to the train crew which will now be subject to the gauntlet for someone else's inability to stay off the tracks.

One of the biggest things with that is the T/Os have to stop on point every time and we all know T/Os don't stop perfect all the time.

Then you would most likely have to pay a platform conductor to monitor the station.

Also it would slow loading and unloading times, delaying service (think north of Union Square Southbound during the AM rush).

Also it is still possible for people to get caught between the PSD's and the train. It has happened before in places that have them.

Also it makes clearing up difficult or near impossible for work gangs working in stations (remember they don't have to clear just themselves, sometimes they must move equipment too).

And in NYC specifically it would reduce the ventilation in many of the stations which is needed to keep fresh air cycling into the system.

Archived