Detroit City! Part I (56k)

nice pics!!!

Nice shots. Rosa Park terminal looks nice

Thanks guys! Yes the new Rosa Parks TC is really nice. I have more shots coming soon.

The pictures make Detroit look deceptively clean. I like that little light rail.

Downtown is actually very clean! Then again, it was Auto Show time....... Everything north of 8 Mile Rd. in the burbs is immaculate!

Those Novas.....should come here!!

Epic shots dude!

Thanks! The 3700's are 2000 model years, and the 3800's are from 2001. They are DDs50 powered with ZF trans. Some of them are on their last legs though. The best ones they have are the 1997 3600 series with the Allison. Those bad boys are faster than many of our newer RTS'. However, I only caught 2 as most of them have been retired.

That fourth pic reminds me of the ex-PBL TMC RTSs... Especially Triboro's... LOL

Their RTS' remind me of both Command and MBTA buses. The funny thing is Detroit never had TMC's either. Only GMC's and Nova's.

Excellent pics, ENY :cool:

Excellent shots :tup:

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I wanna ride the little elevated rail they have there. It's looks cute.

Cute... Lol!

I'd like to see how those New Flyer D40LFs would work over here.

Great stuff!

Thanks! I like them a lot. Smart (the red & orange striped buses) recently took delivery of some DE60LF's. Like the other Detroit agency, they too opted not to take the LFR's.

100_0589A.jpg

Nice pictures. I take it that with the fiscal mess Detroit is in, one of the things they cut from the budget was bus cleaning. Almost every bus you photographed was filthy.

They only wash the 2010 D40's, and some of the RTS'. Lol! Plus, it was winter at the time. Smart however is pretty good when it comes to cleaning their buses.

Archived