FINDing Your Way

Guest Lance

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lance25
I just want to make sure that you didn't use BVEStation's FIND template PSD.

Nice job, even though the front isn't animated!

Thanks, and no, I didn't use the template from BVEStation. I created a brand new one from scratch.

Wow really nice:tup::tup:! how do you make the text sideways like that or did you draw them...

Like the signatures I've made, this was created using Adobe Illustrator, so angling the text at a perfect 45 degrees was a simple click of the mouse.

Also, I have to thank R44 CNG for posting the link for FontStruct.com.

Guest lance25
How long did this take?

I'm not exactly sure since this was an on and off project, but if I had to guess, about a week or two.

Wow Rell. Not bad at all. It would be cool if it was animated, but still pretty nice.

@lance: Is the text used for "Last Stop" Helvetica? What are the other fonts you used?

Yes, the "Last Stop" font is Helvetica, as are the "# stops" on the bottom and the LCD screen. The other font is R160 Find, created by me, available here.

Looking at yours, I got inspired to make my own FIND. I'd appreciate your critique.
Add "MTA - New York City Transit" somewhere, and you're all good. :tup:

@Lance, how did you make the station names appear slanted/tilted (correct me if I'm using the wrong term) ? I had a very hard time doing that when I tried to make a FIND sign at one point. ;)

Wow Rell. Not bad at all. It would be cool if it was animated, but still pretty nice.

Thanks. I re-did it, now animated.

Add "MTA - New York City Transit" somewhere, and you're all good. :tup:

Thanks.

Continuing this in my own thread

btw Lance, AMAZING Job with yours. :tup:

Guest lance25

Version 2.

a lost (R)

Rto2Av.gif

I know it says "Q72 to JFK" at 63 Dr-Rego Park. I had already animated this before I realized the mistake.

and for IRT Bronx Express,

5toDyreAv.gif

@Lance, how did you make the station names appear slanted/tilted (correct me if I'm using the wrong term) ? I had a very hard time doing that when I tried to make a FIND sign at one point. :o

In Adobe Illustrator (the program I use for all my graphics), after you type something, click the arrow symbol on the left, then click "Transform" and angle the text 45 degrees. For other programs like Paint.NET or GIMP, I'm sure the process is quite similar.

I'm open for requests; just don't expect them immediately.

EDIT: I forgot, I'm only animating the "Further Stops" portion of the FINDs, so don't ask me to do a full animation of any line because it will be ignored or denied.

In Adobe Illustrator (the program I use for all my graphics), after you type something, click the arrow symbol on the left, then click "Transform" and angle the text 45 degrees. For other programs like Paint.NET or GIMP, I'm sure the process is quite similar.
I don't have Illustrator, but I do have the other two. I'll try it out and see if it works in Paint/NET/Gimp.

BTW, excellent (5) FIND sign, I like it.. :tup:

Archived