M-9 Discussion

East New York

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Which one was this?

It's from last month's LIRR committee meeting, at 4:56: https://youtu.be/Xs-EFlqSKWo?t=4m56s 

Looks like nobody noticed it until now. 

Hmmm, appearance-wise I have to say I don't mind the Cuomo stripe but I liked the yellow-and-black front end on the original cars. The new end design is pretty bland. 

M9_Railcar.jpeg

Edited by Mysterious2train

8 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

I think they're still in Pueblo rn

I haven't heard anything about them coming to Yonkers, which means we're still a few months away from seeing them on TA property.

The production cars are expected to arrive at Yonkers for final assembly/testing around June/July.

On 4/12/2018 at 9:08 PM, bp98 said:

Rumor has it that they will begin testing on the property next month sometime.  

https://tenor.com/view/fake-news-news-donald-donald-trump-trump-gif-7676808

Edited by Bosco

On 4/7/2018 at 9:34 PM, jamesman8 said:

XvSUdk2.png

It would have looked better if the M9 front end paint scheme for the Long Island was blue on yellow. I could perhaps understand this for the Metro North, since they mainly use blue on their trains.

Edited by 4 via Mosholu
Note about Metro North

15 hours ago, Bosco said:

I haven't heard anything about them coming to Yonkers, which means we're still a few months away from seeing them on TA property.

The production cars are expected to arrive at Yonkers for final assembly/testing around June/July.

https://tenor.com/view/fake-news-news-donald-donald-trump-trump-gif-7676808

Don't shoot the messenger.  That's what I heard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jamesman8 said:

Anyone have updates?

The yellow faced M9s from Japan are in the states, but they derailed in route to NYC on the freight train it was a part of. So those cars will stop by Kawasaki in Yonkers to get new trucks and to be inspected for damage.

Just now, trainfan22 said:

The yellow faced M9s from Japan are in the states, but they derailed in route to NYC on the freight train it was a part of. So those cars will stop by Kawasaki in Yonkers to get new trucks and to be inspected for damage.

I wasn't aware of that, but arent there 8-10 cars in NY at Fresh Pond/Hillside already?