M-9 Discussion

East New York

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got some new info. 9001-9006 have been track tested and certified by kawasaki for shipment. 9007-9008 have completed frames and interiors but still need their bogies to be put on. Electrical equipment has been installed underneath the carriage in advance to expedite the completion. Once they track test this MU, 9001-9008 will be shipped to california then trucked to pueblo.

Just got some new info. 9001-9006 have been track tested and certified by kawasaki for shipment. 9007-9008 have completed frames and interiors but still need their bogies to be put on. Electrical equipment has been installed underneath the carriage in advance to expedite the completion. Once they track test this MU, 9001-9008 will be shipped to california then trucked to pueblo.

Excellent!

That's when they are scheduled to be tested on LIRR property. There's a post in this thread has the schedule.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

No, the post states the first 8 cars will be tested in pueblo, then the first 14 will be tested on LIRR property after the initial 8.

No, the post states the first 8 cars will be tested in pueblo, then the first 14 will be tested on LIRR property after the initial 8.

Yeah from September to December (Q4 2017) is when they will be tested on LIRR property. Which is what I reiterated above.

Edited by N4 Via Merrick Rd

Looks like they only have track level dream key panels on the F-ends, just like the M3's. Great. :(

Upon further inspection, and talking to a reliable source, the dream key panels on the B ends are next to the emergency door release handles. Finally no more bending down to key on!

Upon further inspection, and talking to a reliable source, the dream key panels on the B ends are next to the emergency door release handles. Finally no more bending down to key on!

I just noticed that.

Thank god. Now if they make the storm doors easier to get through without dislocating your shoulder, I'll be happy.

I just noticed that.

Thank god. Now if they make the storm doors easier to get through without dislocating your shoulder, I'll be happy.

Ohhhhh now I totally understand the whole business with key. I noticed it, didn't know what you guys were talking about. lol. Well, the B-end storm doors are powered.

I cant help but notice that in the testing videos, the M9 has a different horn, will the LIRR change them to the Leslie RS2M when they arrive? Just curious.

https://youtu.be/Tp8NQ8qGFAk?t=6m33s

Doubt it. They wouldn't go through the trouble if there are horns already installed. It sounds pretty similar anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant help but notice that in the testing videos, the M9 has a different horn, will the LIRR change them to the Leslie RS2M when they arrive? Just curious.

https://youtu.be/Tp8NQ8qGFAk?t=6m33s

It's possible that while testing in Japan, they could have installed a horn that fits Japanese regulations and then install the Leslie in the US...