STM LFS Artics in bad shape

AlexLy

Since we recently had a snow storm in Montreal, there is already plenty of photos on the Net of LFSAs jack-knifed or split in 2!

Take a look here,

Crounch! IMG_0811

here,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leftimage/sets/72157625964544308/

here,

http://media.twnmm.com/storage/3918257/619

here,

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/4212412.bin?size=620x400

and here! The split in half LFSA!

kf92I5vu8UAaDLYLLGi7.jpg

hmm how did the driver not realize he exceeded the amount a artic is allowed to turn? its a shame because honestly im sure it will cost alot of money to fix this

There is a limit. When we're almost at 90 degrees, there's a sound coming from the artic joint itself. But I guess it froze and did an accident?:confused:

There is a limit. When we're almost at 90 degrees, there's a sound coming from the artic joint itself. But I guess it froze and did an accident?:confused:

true, i just find it odd i mean i would think the operator would realize that once the joint is almost @ 80 degrees he would shut it off but who knows lol

true, i just find it odd i mean i would think the operator would realize that once the joint is almost @ 80 degrees he would shut it off but who knows lol

I would be surprised he didn't saw that, LMAO!:P

ye but the actually joint breaking?!?

although this is most likely the operators fault imo i doubt the LFSA's are that easy to break :P

Not the joint breaking but that is the drivers fault for keeping the peddle down when the tail end of the bus was like that.

Poor Nova LFSA's in Montreal, they shouldn't be running in such weather conditions, =[...

That's exactly what everybody is saying! They should've stayed in the garage while other 40-footers do the service.

---

Is this worst than what happened in Ottawa? B)

578656415_l.jpg

Damn, those buses were close to being destroyed, jeez, some more care when driving? The one major problem I heard about this bus was the positioning of the front wheels which makes turning a little different/difficult to judge properly and required some getting used to. Is this their first time in the snow like this?

Damn, those buses were close to being destroyed, jeez, some more care when driving? The one major problem I heard about this bus was the positioning of the front wheels which makes turning a little different/difficult to judge properly and required some getting used to. Is this their first time in the snow like this?

It's not the first snow storm they've experienced, but it's the first time this happens... Which is pretty weird. :confused:

EDIT: Repost of the split in half LFSA. The older link expired...

bus.jpg

Archived