Buses you would like to see in NYC

NX Express

I remember when GM Canada announced that they would built these fishbowl artics. Doe anyone know what systems actually ran these? (Canada and/or US).:cool:

OC Transpo, RTC, Missisauga Transit, HSR, Metro Transit and possibly more but i cant remember

OC Transpo, RTC, Missisauga Transit, HSR, Metro Transit and possibly more but i cant remember

Not the RTC. :( They only had two MCI Classic Artics.

There was also the TTC that was operating these. B)

i didnt know Chicago had those buses. that is a nice bus.

Chicago demo'd those buses for some time but I guess it didnt work out. CTA cut all ties with NABI after the 60-SFW fiasco which was NOT NABIs fault, it was CTA's fault for wanting a similar frame to a D40LF. NABI knew from the get-go that the frame build was not going to work and CTA insisted on getting it. Which now has initiated the order of the DE60LFs.

Several other cities were running them in normal service up until only a few years ago. it could have been done here too.

I was talking about New York. It would never have happened here. The other cities don't count. Especially in Canada.

I remember when GM Canada announced that they would built these fishbowl artics. Does anyone know what systems actually ran these? (Canada and/or US).:cool:

IIRC only 16 were built.

I was talking about New York. It would never have happened here. The other cities don't count. Especially in Canada.

IIRC only 16 were built.

HEY! canadians count :P

but no ENY is right Canada is one of the countries that was able to run Fishbowls because of either emissions or the fact that people didnt complain about then or whatever.

besides most of the fishbowls after idk maybe 2003-2004 became rush hour buses only, with the exception of a bus was needed so you would only see the fishbowl's from 5-9am and then 3-6pm

yup and the Nova's had the classic design both front and back

another bus the MTA should of bought ( when made )

320-yonge-01.jpg

I myself would have loved to see Ikarus buses running in New York. The only drawback is that the Ikarus buses from that time are well-known for their mind-blowingly poor emissions standards (which is why they probably did not come to NYC in the first place).

Chicago demo'd those buses for some time but I guess it didnt work out. CTA cut all ties with NABI after the 60-SFW fiasco which was NOT NABIs fault, it was CTA's fault for wanting a similar frame to a D40LF. NABI knew from the get-go that the frame build was not going to work and CTA insisted on getting it. Which now has initiated the order of the DE60LFs.

It is NABIs fault for building a bus that they KNEW wasn't gonna hold up.Its no different than MCI letting Greyhound dictate to them to build the "G" model.

What's more important....sales or reputation? Both NABI and MCI took big hits on their reputation because of building cheap crap to satisfy customers.

Archived