'Red'dy to Re-Live the Past?

GREATBIRDS!!! Ah i remember those days when those great cars ran up and lex at 45 to 50 mph. I have so many memoires on those great cars they were fun to ride had great A/C and heat and were well made subway cars. then 2001 came and these cars were prematurely retired and replaced with hidous unreliable lemons known as the R142/A. Not to mention these cars are slow it took me an half an hour just to go from 42nd st to 14th. I wish i knew how to build an time machine so i could ride those great IRT SMEE car classes its sad that the R62/A are the only SMEE car classes still running sad just sad....

Cool vid. Thanks for posting. Some of that must have been fairly recent though since you got 59th post renovation heh heh...I vaguely remember what that station USED to be like before. And yeah I miss the Lexington RFW too, that was a nice blast from the past..

As for the R142/A delays, most of that is caused by ATS and the RCC. Some of it is also timers and new speed restrictions that didn't used to exist. But late night those cars can move when there aren't a lot of trains on the road. Hopefully when SAS is built (knock on wood) the congestion will ease up a little and fewer trains can have to be run on the Lex allowing those trains on the road to maintain better average speeds. And yes I'm aware of the mechanical problems so for now let's just everyone keep our fingers crossed and hope that any kinks in the equipent have been fixed...

Cool vid. Thanks for posting. Some of that must have been fairly recent though since you got 59th post renovation heh heh...I vaguely remember what that station USED to be like before. And yeah I miss the Lexington RFW too, that was a nice blast from the past..

As for the R142/A delays, most of that is caused by ATS and the RCC. Some of it is also timers and new speed restrictions that didn't used to exist. But late night those cars can move when there aren't a lot of trains on the road. Hopefully when SAS is built (knock on wood) the congestion will ease up a little and fewer trains can have to be run on the Lex allowing those trains on the road to maintain better average speeds. And yes I'm aware of the mechanical problems so for now let's just everyone keep our fingers crossed and hope that any kinks in the equipent have been fixed...

Ya? On the (7) local out to shea today (with side rollsigns all turned to (7x) by some jackass) we lost lights, AC, for 5 stops then transfered (read stampeded) from the hothouse (7) to the REAL (7x) which thankfully did have good strong AC. In general the (7)(7x) was a mess today, we took the lirr back.

Note: Not only did we have a hellish ride out to shea, but the mets lost 13-1. Not my favorite time at shea or (7)(7x) experience to say the least.

- Andy

Archived