The strangest ground cover we've ever had..

metsfan

I was biking home and I decided to get some video of this odd snow sleet melt combination. The surface had a smooth glazed layer, underneath was more full of bubbles and coarse. The shimmering effect made it look like there was lakes and ponds all over town and out into the surrounding areas. The roads and most sidewalks and driveways were clear, but everywhere else was this 10 inches of compact snow with ice on the top.

- A

It was like that the other day over here, the melting snow froze over again and left a glossy coat of ice on the surface, my curiosity led me to stomping at it and shattering it like glass. Very interesting! Oh, and it sounds like you're breaking glass when it's very quiet out :P

The iPhone 4 is excellent at recording video & audio. Big help for when my actual camera gets a full memory card or i don't have it with me.

Yea, it was a lot of fun, some parts you could actually stand on. Was crazy, before i recorded the video i had tossed a piece of ice... it broke in 2 and slid all most all the way out towards the road in the background.

- A

Archived